Please help me on WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
owenr332

Please help me on WILD

Postby owenr332 » 25 Jan 2013 18:39

Okay, ive been trying to do a WILD for quite a while but im not to sure what to do, i do the technique (stop, drop and roll) but im not to sure what im supposed to fell when putting my hands down and rolling onto my sides, i really want to do this please help me.

btifuldreamer

Re: Please help me on WILD

Postby btifuldreamer » 26 May 2013 09:59

I learned about the stop drop and roll technique yesterday. From what I understand, the best time to do this technique is when you wake up during the night because you are already relaxed. You put your hands above your head and keep them there until you feel as relaxed as possible (STOP). Note that you shouldn't cross your hands or hold them while above your head. Then when you are relaxed, lower your arms so they are by your side but don't put them on your stomach or cross your ankles (DROP). This will bring on the urge to roll over/change position quicker than if your hands where on your stomach. The reason why you want this urge to come on is because your body is asking your mind if it is asleep and if you do not move, The body will say yes you are asleep I will shut down now. If you were to roll over the body will think you are not ready for sleep therefore you stay awake. If you resist the urge to roll over for a very long time and the urge is very strong and almost painful, then you Roll over. (ROLL) But what confuses me is that A man in a video about this technique explains how you shouldn't roll over or you won't fall asleep but then he tells you to roll over as it is part of the technique. I'm pretty sure thats how stop drop and roll works. Feel free to correct me anyone. ;)

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 18 Jun 2013 11:35

owenr332 wrote:Okay, ive been trying to do a WILD for quite a while but im not to sure what to do, i do the technique (stop, drop and roll) but im not to sure what im supposed to fell when putting my hands down and rolling onto my sides, i really want to do this please help me.

This is the community where you will get proper help from expert lucid dreamers.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 09:39

I WILD but do not know the technique you mentioned.

I have thou choosen to roll out of body during a WILD which did send me into a LD and not into an OBE like I'd been expecting to do. I thou did the roll only when I really thought I "may" roll out of my physical body as my other body (my astral) body had started moving about within my physical one. It was either that or I would of fallen onto the physical floor but fortunately I did roll out of my physical body and went straight into a LD.

If you are trying to a technique you dont understand, it is quite likely you will end up doing it wrong so I suggest to try another method which you can understand what you are supposed to do.

Best luck
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”