Ever since I started trying to Lucid Dream...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Oxynidus

Ever since I started trying to Lucid Dream...

Postby Oxynidus » 19 Jun 2013 11:27

...I've started periodically remembering many long-forgotten dreams. I keep having flashes of said dreams almost every day, and think: Wow, I completely forgot about that one. It's interesting that I'm having memories of dreams that are possibly several years old that I barely took note of before. Any idea why this is happening?

Highlander

Re: Ever since I started trying to Lucid Dream...

Postby Highlander » 19 Jun 2013 12:20

I think this is because those dreams are triggering lost memories of your subconscious. And, because you are lucid, you remember them better.
For example, some of my dreams triggered lost memories of my real life as a child. I never remembered those things until a dream showed me.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jun 2013 03:33

I'll put this in layman's terms because that is all I know.
I feel like I keep my dream memories and my waking memories in a separate area of my brain. When I start to remember dreams, I remember another one, and then another, and then I just get a series of flashes of memories of dreams. (It's happening now as I type this. I can't help it!) I don't remember them in detail, but I remember the general premise and a few key moments. Some happened ten years ago, way before I ever started lucid dreaming regularly or had a dream journal. But I still remember. But I must have formed a waking memory of it too after it happened and that is essential to remember dreams too. But it feels like they are all stored in the same place, so recalling a dream you had last night might trigger a memory from many years ago.

My life memories are like that too if I sit and think about ten or twenty years ago it all starts coming back in the same way.

It's just how memory works I guess.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 01:43

I have exteamly vivid dreams sometimes to the point i cant be too sure if it did or did not happen in real life. Once I really think about it, I can very clearly tell what is real and what was not.

But to be honest, if my dream world was not sculpted the way it is, and was identical to my real life surroundings.. I would be in very big trouble.

All of the places I dream about are reoccurring. (If I ever dream of a train station or using the train.. it will always be the same as it was when I first dreamt of that certain place)
Eg: Last night I dreamt of a carpark/shopping centre. that car park.. I must have sculpted around 3 years ago. and now whenever I dream of such a place it will be the same damn place. Just as if it was another world that I pass into whilst dreaming. And once I wake up from said dream.. I will think.. oh yeah I remember that place! Ive dreamt it before.
And when I'm dreaming I'll remember that time at that place just as a memory. like you would in real life, going to a real place.

I don't know if that makes sense..

But what you are describing is I think somewhat like that

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jun 2013 03:14

SarahDank wrote:But to be honest, if my dream world was not sculpted the way it is, and was identical to my real life surroundings.. I would be in very big trouble.

I once had about 5 false awakenings in a row. When I finally woke up for real I knew it had to be real because of the way things look. But then I started to wonder, what if I wake up YET AGAIN! I would flip out! But I didn't and real was still real. It can mess with me at times, but thankfully I have never been confused about reality when awake, only when in a dream.

What if you have a dream, and in the dream you are remembering a daydream you had in waking life about a time you were remembering a different past dream? :o :shock: :o
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 13:16

You just blew my f*&+#;g mind.

Yeah I've had at the most 3 false awakenings in a row. And that was bloody crazy... but 5?! I'd be pinching myself.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”