Recurring non lucid theme, why?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
LucidLink

Recurring non lucid theme, why?

Postby LucidLink » 20 Jun 2013 14:34

Hey everybody, often, and I mean very often, I have a dream where I'm in my old house we lived at years and years ago when I was a child. (Most of my dreams take place there, whether they follow this theme or are a completely different dream) but what happens is, my dad (who died 2 years ago) is at my house, but he's incapacitated and can't help me. I'm looking for help because the house has no locks, and my old house is deep in the hood where it's dangerous not to have locks. I go looking for my mom, since my dad can't help but she's always at work. So I end up having to wait Intill my mom gets home (which never actually happens in the dream) but I begin waiting for my mom, and I become veryyyy uneasy. Thoughts run through my head that goes along with this mindset "my house could have something really bad happen at any moment without locks. I hate it, I'm nervous and apprehensive." So I'm very tense and on edge and then dream ends and nothing even ever happens. I don't get it?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

oliverclay

Re: Recurring non lucid theme, why?

Postby oliverclay » 21 Jun 2013 11:01

You do not need to be worried again if there is something going to happens you cannot stop it.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 21 Jun 2013 15:01

oliverclay wrote:You do not need to be worried again if there is something going to happens you cannot stop it.

This post was not helpful In the slightest, can anyone else help explain the meaning of this dream?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Lys

Postby Lys » 08 Aug 2013 15:13

Okey, I'm a beginner here, so do not expect me to explain your entire life situation. You are at the house you have grown up in, right? That could represent safety, you feel safe in this house and have many memories from it. But the main theme in this dream is about the locks.
http://www.unclesirbobby.org.uk/dreamdictionary/lock.php
Here they say that unlocked locks can be a symbol of something feeling unsafe. I think a missing lock has the same or simular meaning.
Something in your life feels unsafe, and you feel helpless about it. You feel alone and scared. I think that the house represent something you value, maybe yourself? Could the house be yourself feeling "unlocked" and therefore "unsafe"? In the dream you wait for your mother to get home. In reality, maybe you wait for someone else to take care of your problems?
Something is probably making you feel uneasy about yourself, a problem of somekind? Do you have bad self esteem? Or is something else on your mind?
(Sorry for terrible english, it's only my second language.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”