DILD: Alice in Wonderland

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

DILD: Alice in Wonderland

Postby mia » 20 Jun 2013 17:53

I haven't had an LD for almost 3 weeks now. I've had work stress, and I've been worried about my little cat who is having a health problem. So being exhausted, I took a sick day today so I could sleep. I planned on sleeping in, which I did. I felt so exhausted that I was having odd physical sensations as I went back to sleep ( not that distinct buzzing of SP, but just odd jolts here and there, and a floating, or slightly spinning feeling in my head).

So I am dreaming along, then am walking along a street with a woman DC, and I'm talking to her. Then suddenly, I realize I'm dreaming. The scene changes to grey 'fog' and the woman disappears, but I know I am on the same street. I think that I need to get clarity, so I begin feeling around in the fog, and finally touch the bark of a tree. I run my hands up and down it feeling the rough texture, then hold my hands up to my face, and then finally get light and a clear view.

I walk into a building. The scene is similar to the court scene in Alice in Wonderland, only instead of the animals, there is a crowd of my own DCs.

( I find this very amusing because I teach English at a college, and we are currently studying the symbolism in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Now as an aside, I selected this book because it is so dreamlike in it's imagery, and I wonder if Lewis Carroll was a Lucid dreamer. In class, we have discussed it's relationship to dreams, and discussed how 'real' dreams can be. We have a joke that if Jordan ( one of the students) levitates, we'll know we are in a dream, and we can all run out of there. Every once in awhile we ask Jordan to try to levitate. He never does; he usually just looks constipated when he tries, which we all find very entertaining). I've never told them about my own Lucid Dreaming though, as Admin would NOT approve.

Anyway, back to the LD which is related to my 'aside'.
I look carefully at all of the DCs in the crowd. I note how individual they all look. I think about how the imagery from the story has been translated into my dream imagery. The DCs are all involved in listening to the 'Judge' who looks a lot like the drawing in the book. I decide to go through a door on the side and see where it will take me. I walk into my classroom. There are all my English 201 students. I walk up to Susan ( a real life student) and pick up her work. I read the title of her writing. It says , " Becoming Mirabel". I then look at the class, and announce that I'm having a Lucid Dream, so this means they can all run out of here and do what they want. They all sit there and look up from their work, confused. I tell them again. I levitate to show them. They look startled. "Well, I'm leaving," I say, and I walk out of the room. It leads into the Admin office. I then wake up.

So there you go.
Last edited by mia on 21 Jun 2013 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Jigsaw79

Re: DILD: Alice in Wonderland

Postby Jigsaw79 » 20 Jun 2013 19:42

I don't know much about school, so why wouldn't Admin approve? Lucid dreams are super wonderful.

mia

Postby mia » 20 Jun 2013 20:03

Any teacher has to be very careful of what they say in classes; there are very ultra religious people who do not hesitate to liken such things as a teacher promoting 'satanic things'. Sad, but all too true. Complaints get lodged; yadda yadda yadda. Nothing but a headache. A colleague teaching a course on Children's Literature, recently had a long drawn out 'investigation' process that was a result of a student complaint at the choice of Harry Potter in the reading list ( it was being compared to the original fairy tales in which their violence is an important element); the student was very religious and lodged a formal complaint that the instructor was promoting anti Christian material. And so, launches the obligatory 'investigation' into the complaint; all very unpleasant.
This goes for any political, religious, and all such topics. You can't give your own opinions, but you can invite and lead discussion among students. I do understand this. A teacher's role is not to promote their own beliefs ( especially in the area of politics or religion). One reason that classrooms need to remain secular ( induction is not the role of a classroom). But some are ridiculous in their notions of what should be allowed to happen in classrooms. I hear it's a lot worse in grade schools too. ( A few years ago, the college also dealt with a complaint against a teacher because the teacher talked about meditation. Another ultra religious student thought it was promoting another 'religion' that was anti Christian).
Last edited by mia on 27 Aug 2013 03:59, edited 2 times in total.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 20 Jun 2013 20:17

Thanks, mia!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jun 2013 01:39

I really love Alice in Wonderland because it is so dream-world like. It's also like completely letting your imagination go where ever it wants to take you. Imagination is the key.

I also do quite a bit of levitating in LDs, it's easier than flying for me. One of the last times I remember doing it, I was sure it was real life and I was telling all the DCs, "see I can do it, bring on the skeptics, I'll show them right now!" I was so excited, but then woke up. But it was so real!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

mia

Postby mia » 21 Jun 2013 02:13

Hi Lucidinthesky. I love levitating too. I've noticed some pretty interesting photo shopped images of levitating on the web lately; all quite intriguing looking.
628216e3c1a28bb16474c8874f2ae227.jpg
628216e3c1a28bb16474c8874f2ae227.jpg (108.56 KiB) Viewed 3053 times

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Jun 2013 02:26

I've read some things that L.C. actually was a lucid dreamer.

mia

Postby mia » 21 Jun 2013 02:58

Hi Jigsaw79.
Yes, that is one of the speculations about him ( there are many), but nothing in the way of 'evidence' to actually suggest that it is true. Interesting thought though. His real name, by the way, was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Jun 2013 16:18

The more you know. :D

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 24 Jun 2013 23:02

Very nice dream Mia, I love how you met your class in your dream and talked with them casually :P

I just had an LD too after a while of a dry spell, it was a DILD too (quite random) so I can relate. :D
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”