Hello! I'm new and having trouble

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
redbird354

Hello! I'm new and having trouble

Postby redbird354 » 22 Jun 2013 03:33

Hi, I stumbled upon a lucid dreaming technique but can't seem to lucid dream. I start out by lying completely still for about half an hour. During this time I get to feel like I'm floating or that everything is vibrating and I can't feel anything. It's really cool. But I also sometimes get scared and this sense of nothing comes and goes. I then fall asleep. I don't dream or that least can't remember any dream I had upon waking. What am I doing wrong and what should I be doing.

DeltaV

Re: Hello! I'm new and having trouble

Postby DeltaV » 22 Jun 2013 07:59

Everybody dreams, unless you have some kind of freak malfunction that nobody has. So don't worry ;)

If you can't remember a dream after waking up, just don't move. The memories may come back on their own. Still nothing? Write it down in the dream journal anyway. For some reason, this helps.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 22 Jun 2013 12:01

Your not doing the final step, when just laying there for a half hour, your trying to induce a WILD, which means you can't fall asleep, well your mind can't anyway, but your body will. Once you keep your mind awake but your body falls asleep, you'll notice by feelings of floating and buzzing, (like you said you felt) except from there, you have to leave your body. That's the part your not doing, try to imagine yourself rocking back and forth Intill the point it flings you off your bed. Or imagine a big indigo ballon filling up with air then floating away. Any kind of visualized motion like that, will get you out of your body.

But first, you have to have the floating and buzzing feelings. Which, you've already done, so you got the hard part down!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

redbird354

Postby redbird354 » 23 Jun 2013 04:38

Thanks for the responses!

More specifically @LucidLink

When you talk about the mind staying awake and the body sleeping does this account for how many hours of sleep I got. For example last night I experienced the buzzing sensation, which I'll take for the body sleeping. Anyways I woke up quite early, I went to bed at 2 am, and woke up at 7. I normally always get 8 hours. Does this mean I was actually sleeping 8 hours but my mind wasn't. I realize that many things can effect the total time someone "sleeps" but does this theory hold any weight?

Return to “For Beginners”