Having trouble

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
redbird354

Having trouble

Postby redbird354 » 22 Jun 2013 03:40

Hi, I stumbled upon a lucid dreaming technique but can't seem to lucid dream. I start out by lying completely still for about half an hour. During this time I get to feel like I'm floating or that everything is vibrating and I can't feel anything. It's really cool. But I also sometimes get scared and this sense of nothing comes and goes. I then fall asleep. I don't dream or that least can't remember any dream I had upon waking. What am I doing wrong and what should I be doing.

deepakkumaar97

Re: Having trouble

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 22 Jun 2013 16:21

redbird354 wrote:But I also sometimes get scared and this sense of nothing comes and goes.

There is nothing to be scared of, all this vibration and floating thing is normal, and by the way what do you mean by the sense of nothing.

redbird354 wrote: I don't dream or that least can't remember any dream I had upon waking. What am I doing wrong and what should I be doing.

Everybody dream and it may take some time to be able to recall dreams, a dream journal is essential for that.
If you are new at this, it will take some time for your first Lucid dream, be patient
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: Having trouble

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 07:15

With that sense of "nothing" it sounds as if you are going into a meditation state.. for a LD to occur thou you need to be relaxed, you need to fall asleep so that isnt bad but you need to do so awarely (which isnt happening for you) If you end up just falling asleep doing it the way you currently are and this has been going on for a few weeks, you need to change your LD method and try another technique.

And as the other said, you should be keeping a dream journal as you may still have a LD when asleep and you need to make sure you will remember it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”