Dry Spell Broken

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DeltaV

Dry Spell Broken

Postby DeltaV » 23 Jun 2013 07:40

So last night, I finally managed to break my dry spell! Not only that, but I also got some more experience with WILD.

So, let's start with the first dream, which was non-lucid. I was in a room, with wooden bookshelves lining the walls. On my right hand was a row of similar books, each with the face of a person on it's side. The words 'founding fathers' sprung to mind, but I don't know why; the only person on the books to fit that description was Abraham Lincoln. The books were labeled Part 1, Part 2, etc.
On the left, there was a much bigger book similar to the previously mentioned ones, which had the face of Morgan Freeman on it. It was (probably erroneously) labeled Part 4. Behind me were stairs, and just when I took them I saw that Abraham Lincoln was now standing where I had been, in the same shades of dark grey and blue as the people on the books. I said hi to Abby, but my voice was much lower than I was used to.

I woke up.

As usual, I started doing the SSILD cycles, and soon I fell asleep again. I was once again in the same room, but this time I was more or less aware that I was dreaming. The books were still there, but the titles were different, as usual with dreams. I played around with them by looking away constantly. The title once changed to Against the Seven (which means that the dream at least remembered there was some numerical pattern on the books), and something with Revelations.
I looked up, and saw yet another book! On a bookshelf! A stunning discovery! This one looked quite heavy. I also thought that it looked flight-worthy, so I told it to fly. It flew exactly like one'd expect a book to fly.
I suddenly remembered that I wanted to summon a certain someone. It is...not exactly a person, and as soon as I have managed to summon him I'll post a drawing of him. Let's say for now that he is a little...odd, the mere thought of summoning him caused my adrenalin to rise, and the light level suddenly dropped.
I tried to anyway. It was futile, as I was about to wake up, but I wanted to do it. I uttered a single word.
"Smile."
I woke up again.

Afterwards, I tried to go to sleep again, and ended up conscious during sleep. I nearly entered a dream twice! I should attempt WILD more often.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

fistania

Re: Dry Spell Broken

Postby fistania » 23 Jun 2013 14:44

what is dry spell?
pardon my ignorance :)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 23 Jun 2013 14:45

Oh, a long period without any lucid dreams. Mine lasted for 2 months something.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

fistania

Postby fistania » 23 Jun 2013 14:52

DeltaV wrote:Oh, a long period without any lucid dreams. Mine lasted for 2 months something.

oh i see, thanks!
mine was more than that since i haven't really touched any dream related topic for quite some time :?
but somehow it was broken about 3 days ago! not that lucid though, but i kinda try to learn to drive a car in that LD :)

mia

Postby mia » 24 Jun 2013 03:12

Interesting dream DeltaV! I always think books in dreams are important messages ( knowledge ).
Congratulations on finally breaking your dry spell. They do happen. Especially if things in your life are stressful.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”