Dream tunnel

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Dream tunnel

Postby Peter » 16 Nov 2011 07:25

A sketch of the dream tunnel. This is a simple pen drawing of the tunnel that emerges at times out of the hypno images and will come get me and is where the dreams live :P
Attachments
dream tunnel.jpg
dream tunnel.jpg (116.14 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gooeymaw

Re: Dream tunnel

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 03:07

So it is! I had only just replied to your reply to my into post. I had asked about the drawing of the tunnel next to your post, and asked about it. It happens to be the case that I experienced a similar tunnel in a dream from long ago. Although I have the drawing, I do not know where the record of the actual dream is, or if it survived the multiple computer crashes since 1991. The drawing has no date on the back, but I do know the year was definitely 1991. I am about to attempt to post my rendering of the drawing...hope I don't screw it up.
In my case, this rendering is a view from inside the tunnel, as I was traveling inside of it. The grey sketchy stuff over the colors is not an attempt to give it depth, but how the colors actually looked to me, as good as I could draw it with colored pencils. At the time I had no computer software to colorize my drawings.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Dec 2011 03:13

awesome drawing and it is great in pencil. There are two of us in this world - lol
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 03:17

I can only recall visiting this tunnel one time, and I want to say that I was attempting to travel backwards in time. I had encountered other tunnels, but they didn't look like this one, they were more scary, dark, or literally long holes that seemed to be underground. It's pretty cool to see someone seeing the same sort of tunnel.

thomas

Postby thomas » 14 Dec 2011 02:05

Hi you guys - cool tunnel sketches! I find it interesting that they both are very similar. I do have a question for you Peter. You say that you see this tunnel and it "comes and gets" you. (I'm assuming you mean entering a lucid dream.) How does this work for you? The reason I ask is that HI are one of my fortes. I see tunnels regularly as well as a 2 - lane blacktop road. On occasion I have some control and can go into the tunnel or down the road but they usually never lead anywhere, they just disappear. It would be great if I could learn to enter a lucid dream using either the tunnel or the road. Any info would be appreciated. I am concentrating on WILD techniques as I have been successful with them.

Just as a side note - the tunnels I see are not as colorful as the two of yours. Mine looks like a tunnel of fog. Sometimes they do have faint swirling colors, but usually they are whitish/grey. Cool though.

Thanks, Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Dec 2011 03:06

Most of my LD are by WILD and go like this.
Relax in bed or afternoon on the bed
Eyes shut lightly
Controlled breathing
After a while my mind will feel different, it’s like calmness but also some sense of being somewhere. This is the REM state starting while retaining conscious and where the dream space is created.
After a while I will get spots of light, blue or purple normally.
They get more concentrated and pulse with energy
These are pre HI and if I let them come to me or quietly will myself there (it’s not really active will more relaxed intent) I will sort of go into this patch of energy and either see HI when it absorbs me and this will be geometric grids, dream tunnels, threads of HI that twist, rotate and seem to move in the space. I call this stuff pure thought before its wrecked with the need to make it into something we know.
Sometimes there is vivid colour and tight patterns others washed out and big loose patterns.
Some of these patches will morph into the dream tunnel and if I enter them I will be in a dream. You will understand the transition from HI to dreams.
I think the tunnel is the fabric of dreams and the space in which they are acted out, another illusion like WR and while fun about as useful.
Next time in a LD and if you have full control find a mirror and set the intent to go through and into the space between dreams, you should end up in a dream tunnel or in the void and among the HI. Just float around without a body, it’s a life changing experience to exist without body but a sense of self in some way.
A long random answer, hope it makes some sense as I too enjoy the HI and space that it lives in
Happy dig into this one if you have more thoughts

Peter
Reread of your post :-) with your HI if it starts to grow in size or expand and this can happen by looking at it or "giving into it" it will come get you and a dream will start. No need for intent just a quiet acceptance of the energy should do it

thomas

Postby thomas » 14 Dec 2011 05:43

Thanks Peter. You have some really good info.

I can relate to many of the things you are saying. My HI (or pre-HI as you call it) starts with red or blue spots of light. It used to go to geometric patterns, then to vivid colors. Nowadays it skips the patterns and goes directly to very vivid swirling colors that fade in and out and overlap each other. From there they usually begin to form images, scenes, or "movies" as I like to call them. Also, prior to seeing the spots of light there is a blackness but it seems 3-dimensional. Don't really know how to explain it but maybe you've seen it too. Don't know what the blackness is but it is definitely very different from the blackness of just closing one's eyes. Maybe it's HI without color, definition or motion (?)

In the "movie" state is where I see the tunnels and roads. I am confused about how you "give into" the energy. I can say I have relaxed into it and promptly fell asleep. Obviously there is a difference. If there is any further clarification you could give me that would be great. I really feel I'm on the edge of getting this, but not quite. Tonight I'll try having a different mental attitude, one of acceptance, and see what happens.

Also, while we're on the subject of HI, I do have a couple more questions for you, since you experience it. (I have friends that I've talked to about HI but they don't experience it - not much info to be gleaned there.)

Do you ever find you see it with you eyes open? This has just started for me. Frequently now I can open my eyes and still see the images. Strange. (This only happens when I am relaxed prior to sleep.)
I can still faintly see my bedroom through the images. It doesn't worry/scare me it's just a new experience.

The last thing - I also find that I can roll over in bed or move in some fashion and the images do not fade as they used to. It seems to me that they should stop as I feel totally awake. Maybe I'm in a lucid dream and don't know it?? (Doesn't feel like it though.) Has that happened to you?

So, like I said earlier, HI is definitely a forte of mine, and it seems to be evolving - I just have to be able to transition to a lucid dream from it more easily. Then, after gaining some control I'd love to try going through a mirror.

Thanks a million for your help/info -

Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Dec 2011 06:40

Also, prior to seeing the spots of light there is a blackness but it seems 3-dimensional

you could call this space if you want, I think it is a place or construct like space that is real and where the dreams or images or energy moves around. It is hard to describe but it is the inside of something but like space I dont know what the outside that contains it is.

I am confused about how you "give into" the energy

So am I really but let me try. I can now know when I am in the space or have acccessed the space and then the spots or spot will form up. As I observe the spots and they get bigger or fill more of the space its a bit like a fire ball that expands and will incompass me and move past me so I am in it. If I get excited it will not do this so its sort of passive observation and accetpance without to much excitment and it will take me in.
Inside this I either get HI or the images of the tunnel or just into a dream. Its not always like this but often enought to expect it from time to time.

Do you ever find you see it with you eyes open? This has just started for me. Frequently now I can open my eyes and still see the images. Strange. (This only happens when I am relaxed prior to sleep.)
I can still faintly see my bedroom through the images. It doesn't worry/scare me it's just a new experience.

Yes and no... If you are close to sleep it may be that you are in a REM state and getting this intruding into WR. This is the basis of ghosts, awakenings and seeing spirits etc, quite powerful and real if you dont know this and scared me for half a lifetime till I worked it out. I dont see the HI but do see an awful lot of faces etc.

The last thing - I also find that I can roll over in bed or move in some fashion and the images do not fade as they used to. It seems to me that they should stop as I feel totally awake. Maybe I'm in a lucid dream and don't know it?? (Doesn't feel like it though.) Has that happened to you

No not yet. You may be in an OBE state, ie dream body but you will know this. I can move round more and get to a WILD state quite easy now so it all gets better with practise. It is still hard to get the instant of entry right and not go to sleep.

This is interesting as it makes me think about it all and I enjoy your experiance as it helps me as well.

thomas

Postby thomas » 15 Dec 2011 00:22

Thanks Peter - Did not get a WILD last night but I think I may have experienced one of the things you were talking about "it's a bit like a fire ball that will encompass me and move past me so I am in it". I experienced a ball of multi-colored light (during HI) which expanded at a fairly quick rate then went past me. If I were to describe it in the waking world it would have started in front, expanded and then went past my peripheral vision, on both sides. As soon as it went past another one formed. This went on for about 10 times or so. I must have fallen asleep after that as I don't remember anymore. I am thinking that if I had maintained my alertness a little bit longer I might have been in a lucid dream. Maybe my mind was giving me multiple opportunities to try hitting a LD (?) These did not develop from the small spots of light that I see prior to the more intense HI. It developed during the stage of "lights". Yes, I have labelled my HI in stages. (LOL)

1. Spots
2. Lights
3. Still scenes
4 Movies

Amazingly they usually happen in that order too. Sometimes they go back and forth before "settling" in the next level. It does seem to be levels - at least for me. Interesting stuff.

I think your idea about the 3-D blackness is interesting. It does have a texture of a sort to it as well - at least mine does.

Had another first last night - I actually heard a man's voice at the side of my bed. It was like he was clearing his throat loudly. I actually turned over and looked. I knew it was an audio HI but I had to look anyway. None of my pets - who all sleep on the bed heard it, nor did my wife. It sounded as real as any voice in the WR. Once again, really interesting stuff.

Question - do you think it's possible I may have been in a lucid dream and not been aware of it? By that I mean this: Maybe when I thought I was seeing "movies" in HI I was actually in the dream and just needed to interact with it to make me realize I was dreaming. (and to solidify it) Never thought to interact, only watch them. Now, I have tried to enter them but maybe that is too purposeful. I've only had the two short WILD's so this is all really new to me.

As always any advice/opinions is greatly appreciated!

Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Dec 2011 21:34

Had another first last night - I actually heard a man's voice at the side of my bed. It was like he was clearing his throat loudly. I actually turned over and looked. I knew it was an audio HI but I had to look anyway. None of my pets - who all sleep on the bed heard it, nor did my wife. It sounded as real as any voice in the WR. Once again, really interesting stuff.

Its all so real or more real that WR and after years I am still amazed but this but not sure why.

Question - do you think it's possible I may have been in a lucid dream and not been aware of it? By that I mean this: Maybe when I thought I was seeing "movies" in HI I was actually in the dream and just needed to interact with it to make me realize I was dreaming. (and to solidify it) Never thought to interact, only watch them. Now, I have tried to enter them but maybe that is too purposeful. I've only had the two short WILD's so this is all really new to me.

I think when you enter the dream depending on how solid or intense it is you will either be in a fully formed dream and have some intent say to look at hands or scan 360 degrees and away you go or you will be there in a more passive way and need to say or think (cool lets find something to do) this will form up the scene a litte more. Its an ilusion like WR but as real and so it needs stability to exist . You are the power supply and its your dream and so you keep it stabe with intent. The dream can unfold in odd and weird ways so your control is not total and that it good, I see the state as more of visual language and so the conversation is the dream and charactors, events both good and bad etc are expressions of thought just like words.
So on entering the dream from HI think a little, ask for what you want - more light, some colour, interact with youself by looking at you hands and counting fingers, look at the color of them, poke one finger through the other hand. All this will add power to the dream and focus you just like waking up in the morning and thinking where am I, what do I have to do today, how do I feel, is it dark.
Its a simple as that - you need to wake youself up in the dream

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”