Animals dream. Can they dream like us?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Animals dream. Can they dream like us?

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2013 23:01

Teraku wrote:Animals can definitely dream. But I have no idea if they are capable of lucid dreams.

I know my dog dreams.... I see him twitch and bark in his sleep.
But how can he be lucid in a dream, if he is not lucid in reality?
(I love my dog, but he's rather dumb. He lives in a dream all day long, NEVER lucid.)

That's actually how I envision most animals living. They act on their emotions, but they don't know why. They are living an endless dream, and never lucid either awake nor asleep.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 01 Jun 2013 16:42

Nor could an animal comprehend the idea of a dream - the same way they cant understand language. They understand tone though - and understand their name because the sounds.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

mia

Postby mia » 01 Jun 2013 17:11

They would experience Time differently from us too. Perhaps in ways; in a better way; they'd be present, not continually worrying about an imaginary future, or an already 'done'( an so also imaginary) past. Dreams are probably real to them, and not remembered ( maybe that's why we have to work at remembering them; it's not something we usually did either in our primal past, and why sleep paralysis is necessary for all animals; we are part of the animal kingdom, and are mammals also).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 25 Jun 2013 03:10

DreamerMan99 wrote:Nor could an animal comprehend the idea of a dream - the same way they cant understand language. They understand tone though - and understand their name because the sounds.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Obviously, chimps can understand language. Roughly the same as a toddler.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jun 2013 22:30

WildCat23 wrote:Obviously, chimps can understand language. Roughly the same as a toddler.

Koko the gorilla can use sign language to communicate. I wonder how she would respond if you asked her what she dreamed about, using simplisticly-clever language like, between the time I saw you last (at night) and now (morning) what did you do? I wonder if she would respond anything other than the sign for 'sleep'?

Maybe she says she ate a banana and flirted with other gorillas. (We've all had that dream! :lol: )
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Off-Topic”