Haven't had a successful WILD since 2012. F***.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob46719

Haven't had a successful WILD since 2012. F***.

Postby Jacob46719 » 14 Jun 2013 11:06

I started constantly doing WILDs every single time I go to sleep(when I first go to sleep and whenever I wake up) for months. My problem is that I never actually descend through the sleep stages until I fall asleep normally. I'm always completely conscious the entire time.

-I fall unconscious and completely unaware before I even reach Hypnogogia.
-When I feel sleep paralysis, I just go back to not having it.
-I forget to Stabilize the dream 90% of the time.
-I recently tried to stabilize. I focused on the detail in my dream hand, but I still woke up seconds later.
-Starting to become discouraged.
-I've had a constant want for a certain physical form, which has fueled some of my dreams, but rarely.
-If there was an affordable device to "record" dreams, oh man that would help.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Jacob46719

Re: Haven't had a successful WILD since 2012. F***.

Postby Jacob46719 » 24 Jun 2013 05:52

bump
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 25 Jun 2013 10:11

The WILD method is notoriously the hardest to achieve, if it doesn't come naturally to you. The best enhancer is meditation, learning to dissociate from bodily sensation, learning to clear your mind so you can deliberately enter an alpha state (brainwave entrainment taught me: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-mp3.html), and so on. It takes time, it cant be forced, so dont become discouraged or frustration will take all the fun out of it..!

Give yourself a break for a while, then maybe try a MILD technique. I find this easiest as a general rule. When I dont think about lucid dreaming or dont work on the WoLD website, I am less likely to lucid dream. When I set the intention to lucid dream or have a specific and exciting desire in mind, it just happens. MILD is great like that. A good habit is increasing your self awareness: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-improve-your-self-awareness.html

The mistake a lot of people make is just pushing too hard and getting annoyed. Lucid dreaming can feel almost effortless and the key to that is enjoying the introspection and going with the flow.

Oneirophile

Postby Oneirophile » 25 Jun 2013 13:42

If I wanted to get back into LDs, I don't think I'd start with WILD. As our host says, there are easier routes (personally, I go for DILD).

But I've just read a book that virtually guarantees the reader a WILD - but, like cheating at sport, via supplements rather than hard work. It's mentioned at the very bottom of this page:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-supplements.html

The reviews on Amazon are very good. I cannot yet vouch for it, although I have got all the supplements he recommends.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Jul 2013 03:47

I have also found that WILD takes the most work (I don't want to say "difficult") it's just a lot of effort. But I also have to say that my best LDs have been from the WILD method. In WILD I am fully and completely conscious. The other methods work too, but don't have the same level of "awakeness" as WILD so I tend to try for WILD. Anyway, I would encourage others to put in the effort and keep trying to WILD. It is the most work, but IMHO the best experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 03 Jul 2013 13:04

Why the best method is always the hardest to learn. I love the WILD, but hard to succeed with that. I want an Out Of Body, I love that sensation maaaaan.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “For Beginners”