Any advice on this?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Jenny Helen

Any advice on this?

Postby Jenny Helen » 27 Oct 2011 09:28

I had my first Intentional lucid dream last night, (hooray for me) and it was short, but delightful :)
I had one problem though, and it was that when i walked outside of the house i had started the dream in, i couldn't for the life of me open my eyes!! (in the dream) i was struggeling to pull my eyelids apart annd then i woke up. Could it have something to do with the fact that my room was brightly uplit when i woke up? If you please have any tips on this i'd like to hear :)
Splendidly Strange~

Peter

Re: Any advice on this?

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2011 19:57

thats normal for me, first you can see with eyes closed you just need to belive you can. Everything is a little dimmer but you can see. Second just open your eyes, sounds silly but it needs to start with a thought that you want to and then that you can - after this you eyes will open. Just be weary that at this stage you might get a burst of excitment and lose the LD

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jenny Helen

Postby Jenny Helen » 27 Oct 2011 21:33

Thanks!! :D
Splendidly Strange~

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 03:32

I have experienced this same phenomenon, and I found it very frustrating and confusing, but Peter has sound advice there. You may still fail a couple of times, but rest assured you'll get there. I try to remember that lucid dreaming is a loooooong course, and takes tons of practice. I used to have lucid dreams almost all the time, and then fell out of practice, now I am trying to get back into the groove. Hope you have good luck with that eye thing!

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”