Questions for the experienced Lucid Dreamer

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Arcadian

Questions for the experienced Lucid Dreamer

Postby Arcadian » 10 Nov 2011 06:29

This question is directed towards the experienced lucid dreamers. (Experienced as in having lucid dreams 2-3 nights or more per week.)

Question 1- I would like to know what is the main contributing factor in you becoming lucid. Is it noticing dream signs or abnormal things in dreams, WILDs, or simply becoming lucid by getting used to the "dream" feel?

Why I want to know: I very rarely become lucid in a dream by noticing dream signs or things not being normal. Right now my lucid dreams only come from WILDS/WBTB. My average LD count is 1-2 per week. Normal dreams are very high and vivid. I want to know if I should be practicing more towards mental reality checks during the day and figuring out dream signs if this will help me in the long becoming lucid. I'm comfortable with WILDS because dream signs don't seem to work for me, but I'll put more effort toward it if you say it's well worth it in the end.

Question 2 - Have you ever tried asking a dream character or dream guide to let you know that you're dreaming the next time you are dreaming? If so, how did this turn out? Did it work?
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Peter

Re: Questions for the experienced Lucid Dreamer

Postby Peter » 10 Nov 2011 10:39

Dream signs dont work for me, my dreams are full of them and if I clicked to them I would LD every night many times.

I either have spontanious LD that I just notice something ( a dream sign) but dont look for, or a WILD and most of the time a WBTB.

I also use some supplements about every 2 weeks and have WILD on these. They give me very long dreams

Never asked a DC to come find me but never thought to do this so will put in on my list and report back
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 03:41

It has never occurred to me to ask a dream character to let me know when I am dreaming. I will give that a try. That's such a good idea!

As for how I become lucid. In my case I generally just suddenly know I am dreaming. Reality checks are something I rarely remember to do, though they definitely have worked for me in the past.

TaoTeRazz

Postby TaoTeRazz » 08 Dec 2011 16:42

Hey Arcadian,

How’s it goin? The main contributing factor for me has been the concentration of Attention during the process. Forget about reality checks and dreamsigns and focus on strengthening your Faculty of Attention. Continue to focus solely on ONE WILD technique. You can even combine bits and pieces of WILD techniques to create your own personalized technique, which I highly recommend by the way. Practice your technique both during the day as well as at night. Further, this is a little trick I used. Separate your Sleep Time from your Dream Time. In other words, use your bed for Sleep Time and find another area, even if it’s another corner of your bedroom to set up a space for Dream Time. Throw an air mattress down, or sleeping bag or what ever’s comfy. Make sure you’re firm, Sleep Time is Sleep Time and Dream Time is Dream Time. Your first waypoint in the strengthening of your Attention should be the Hypnogogic Tunnel, which is characterized by colorful, flowing images. As you clear your mind of thoughts and pass through the tunnel, you’ll begin to have both auditory and visual Memory Impressions. As this begins, Focus your attention on your physical body, let yourself be comfortable and feel for the second waypoint, which is paralysis. At that point, let the process proceed naturally in it’s own course. At this point, I feel the moment and simply ‘teleport’ or project my Attention to somewhere else. It’ll just take a bit of time for you to learn to feel the various sensations of the process. A very good way to strengthen your Attention is by simply sitting in a public area with your eyes closed. Notice and try to image EVERYTHING you hear, smell, and feel. Yes, you can cheat every now and again to see how close you get. At first, things will be somewhat abstract but your accuracy will build. Be careful of expectation here.
No, I’ve never had the need to ask a dream character for help in dreaming. And you don’t either.

TaoTeRazz
Nosce te Ipsum

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Dec 2011 20:12

great descriptioin of a WILD entry and about how it happens for me

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Dec 2011 22:28

It's a good idea to ask dream characters to tell you when you are dreaming. The classic interpretation of dreams claims that every character in your dream is you so I think that asking your dream character (you) to tell you when you are dreaming is a good idea and one I have been using. I need to learn to listen to them though. Two times I had dream characters suggest to me that I might be dreaming, I didn't just ignore them, I told them they were wrong after evaluating the surroundings, etc. Really crazy, but the dreams were so real I couldn't tell. One even asked me if I was sure. I said of course, 100% sure it was waking life and that I was also sure I could tell the difference! I was shocked when I woke up.

In my last WILD, a dream character started a general conversation about lucid dreaming and that was the trigger so I think it can work. Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”