Mutual Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby LucidLink » 20 Jun 2013 22:19

HAGART wrote:I dream of people that were awake while I was dreaming though. So they are certainly not in the dream with me. So it can't always be a co-creation process. Unless you are taping into their subconscious dreams while they are awake..... just got deep. Reminds me of the movie, Paprika. (I just saw it last week and can't stop thinking about it.)

I'm just trying to be thorough and poke holes in arguments. I would love to see if it is possible, but I have to be reasonable too.


Yeah I'm not saying it's literally all the time, sometimes the people in your dreams are nothing but your creation. But they are many dream entity's that aren't as well.

It's good that your trying to poke holes through it, but just because most of the time, you only dream of created friends and not the real ones, isn't really a hole. It's not always a co creation process, but it can be. I believe sooner or later, major break throughs will be made, and this will come to be common knowledge.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
SarahDank
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 05:52

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 01:34

It's meant to be called 'shared dreaming'

I thought I did have one with my partner one night.
I was 'fully Lucid' and I was teaching him how to move, and make float things in the room.
I asked him in the morning if he could remember any of his dreams, and he said no. He has never had a good dream recall like me.. So I wouldn't even know if it did actually happen and he just doesn't remember it, just like all his other dreams.

It felt like it was defiantly him, but it could very well of been my Dream Character of him.
- I'll never know :(

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby HAGART » 21 Jun 2013 03:54

LucidLink wrote:Yeah I'm not saying it's literally all the time, sometimes the people in your dreams are nothing but your creation. But they are many dream entity's that aren't as well.


OK. Like I said before, I have had dreams where it truly feels like the other people are real somewhere somehow, and other times they are just part of the dream and more like objects in the dream. But I still can't verify if those vivid dream people actually exist even if it means they are in a different dimension. I am a skeptic, BUT IT TRULY FEELS THAT WAY FOR SOME 'DREAM ENTITIES'!

But it also could be explained this way: You know how some dreams are vague and un-detailed, and others are vivid? Perhaps the inhabitants of dreams follow those same rules of dreams and some are somewhat mindless (most of us lucid dreamers know those types), and others are so real with a full personality and vivid and detailed they seem so real. Our minds are so imaginative. I'm an open minded skeptic, and it's just a possible theory. If they ARE real somehow (exist beyond my dream wherever it is) that actually wouldn't shock me either. They are very convincing! I must say I don't know and I would love to prove it somehow.

SarahDank wrote:I was 'fully Lucid' and I was teaching him how to move, and make float things in the room.


I've done this in lucid dreams with my brothers at times and 'show them the ropes'. (They don't lucid dream.) But I never was able to ask them if they shared the dream with me. If I called them up and asked they would think I was eccentric. (I think we can all relate with that. Not being able to discuss our lucid dreams with friends or family that don't know what we're talking about.) :(
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby LucidLink » 23 Jun 2013 17:56

HAGART wrote:
LucidLink wrote:Yeah I'm not saying it's literally all the time, sometimes the people in your dreams are nothing but your creation. But they are many dream entity's that aren't as well.


OK. Like I said before, I have had dreams where it truly feels like the other people are real somewhere somehow, and other times they are just part of the dream and more like objects in the dream. But I still can't verify if those vivid dream people actually exist even if it means they are in a different dimension. I am a skeptic, BUT IT TRULY FEELS THAT WAY FOR SOME 'DREAM ENTITIES'!

But it also could be explained this way: You know how some dreams are vague and un-detailed, and others are vivid? Perhaps the inhabitants of dreams follow those same rules of dreams and some are somewhat mindless (most of us lucid dreamers know those types), and others are so real with a full personality and vivid and detailed they seem so real. Our minds are so imaginative. I'm an open minded skeptic, and it's just a possible theory. If they ARE real somehow (exist beyond my dream wherever it is) that actually wouldn't shock me either. They are very convincing! I must say I don't know and I would love to prove it somehow.

SarahDank wrote:I was 'fully Lucid' and I was teaching him how to move, and make float things in the room.


I've done this in lucid dreams with my brothers at times and 'show them the ropes'. (They don't lucid dream.) But I never was able to ask them if they shared the dream with me. If I called them up and asked they would think I was eccentric. (I think we can all relate with that. Not being able to discuss our lucid dreams with friends or family that don't know what we're talking about.) :(


I see now, well I suppose I don't know either, but I do have a strong belief that dreaming takes place on a plane of co creation, and many of the DEs you encounter are not just mere projections of you.

I believe this, because I believe it's possible it's possible to communicate with the dead in lucid dreams, as well as angels/spirits. Although according to western psychology I'm crazy and dreams are nothing but purely our minds creation.

But I just know we can communicate with the dead, as well as angels and more.

Also everyone has to admit, there's a lot in general we don't understand about lucid dreaming. We are just beginning to scratch the surface on lucid dreaming in scinence and what not currently.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
SarahDank
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 05:52

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby SarahDank » 24 Jun 2013 02:18

LucidLink,

Im going to try and communicate with someone on the other side if you are confident that we can do so. Have you personally done this?

I believe in that stuff to an extent. Can you tell me of an experience you have had?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

caboose131
Posts: 20
Joined: 11 Jun 2013 04:01

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby caboose131 » 28 Jun 2013 02:12

Im pretty sure there has to be a way to verify if it's truly a person or just a dream projection. Ask it question that maybe only humans will understand. Like try asking it next time you encounter one of those "real" entities to do a few reality checks, humans would know what that is and proceed to do it, hopefully, maybe a projection wouldn't be able to contemplate that question since it's only a projection and basically has no cognitive thinking abilities.

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby torakrubik » 28 Jun 2013 22:41

caboose131 wrote:Im pretty sure there has to be a way to verify if it's truly a person or just a dream projection. Ask it question that maybe only humans will understand. Like try asking it next time you encounter one of those "real" entities to do a few reality checks, humans would know what that is and proceed to do it, hopefully, maybe a projection wouldn't be able to contemplate that question since it's only a projection and basically has no cognitive thinking abilities.


The problem with this is that a dream projection would essentially share your knowledge, and if you expect it to do a reality check...it probably will
Dreaming is my drug

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby HAGART » 28 Jun 2013 23:43

torakrubik wrote:The problem with this is that a dream projection would essentially share your knowledge, and if you expect it to do a reality check...it probably will


My thoughts exactly.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

caboose131
Posts: 20
Joined: 11 Jun 2013 04:01

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby caboose131 » 29 Jun 2013 02:47

crap :(, well there has to be someway or some technique to verify projections from real people.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby HAGART » 29 Jun 2013 03:21

caboose131 wrote:crap :(, well there has to be someway or some technique to verify projections from real people.


I thought this too.
So I tried to devise an experiment. It's there on the 'General Lucid Discussion' section.
I don't know if it will work.
But at least it is SOMETHING to try and verify it.

I would love to see it work!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests