How to prevent waking up?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
applepie

Re: How to prevent waking up?

Postby applepie » 28 Apr 2013 22:28

Thanks for all the advices :) I've noticed myself that if I focus on one detail, I wake up... The best for me is to look around the whole environment.

Aurablade

Postby Aurablade » 30 Apr 2013 00:21

Maybe you should try to interpret the dream your in before that happens an analyze your surroundings whos in what your doing so if you do wake up in the middle of a dream mode you'll have bits and pieces to dream about later that might interact with your previous dream state so basically leaving off where you started

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 30 Apr 2013 07:17

You are sharing it from your own experience which is wonderful thing now lots of peoples can take benefit from this experience.

tnvilla

Postby tnvilla » 19 Jun 2013 04:48

Wow...I tried spinning just last nite and it freaked me out so bad that I automatically woke up. Everything went all "kaleidoscope" and what appeared to me like what an LSD trip would look like. So I fell asleep again and this time tried the "looking at your hands" and that one really worked. At first my fingers looked all fat and disfigured but after a few seconds looked normal. But it did help me prolong the dream. Even after flying like superman for awhile (which is my favorite thing to do) I got a little excited and felt like on the verge of waking up I looked at my hands again and the moment passed and was able to prolong the dream.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 27 Jun 2013 21:48

DeltaV wrote:I managed to just force it back once. I don't know exactly how it worked, I thought something among the lines of "Oh no you don't." and the dream stopped fading away.

That happened me once, too. No idea how that is even possible.

DreamChaser

Postby DreamChaser » 28 Jun 2013 14:13

I always look at my hands and focus on them. Just look at all the tiny details of your skin. That works for me all the time, and I haven't woken up from realizing I was in a lucid dream at all.

Best thing is to just calm your mind, as it can be an excitement thing as well.
Reality Check time!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 10:38

Looking at the hands can be a good stabilization technique as its also something done quite calmly. Ive quite often used it for stabilization.

Wow...I tried spinning just last nite and it freaked me out so bad that I automatically woke up. Everything went all "kaleidoscope" and what appeared to me like what an LSD trip would look like.

Spinning..is a technique that people seem to either hate or love, when I go to spin.. the spin goes out of control (and has scared me).
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 29 Jun 2013 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 10:39

Teraku wrote:
DeltaV wrote:I managed to just force it back once. I don't know exactly how it worked, I thought something among the lines of "Oh no you don't." and the dream stopped fading away.

That happened me once, too. No idea how that is even possible.

just willing something when it comes to dreams..as what you both did there.. can work too. Your innerself knows how to get a dream back, its a matter on those occassions of just will and trust.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lys

Postby Lys » 08 Aug 2013 14:33

I usually spin, but only because that was the only thing I've heard of. It also has very different results. One time, I got stuck spinning, but when it finally stopped, I was lucid and the dream lasted a little longer. Another time, I understood I was dreaming and thought that if this is a dream, then I should be able to see things in detail. I focused on a tree, and it was like a hd photo, it had so many small details, it was incredibly beautiful, and I stabilized that dream. I will try to rub my hands next time, it seems easier.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”