Drawing your dreams instead of writing them - Dream Journal

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamChaser

Drawing your dreams instead of writing them - Dream Journal

Postby DreamChaser » 28 Jun 2013 13:04

Has anyone else drawn what they remember in their dreams, in their dream journal. I find it helps me, when going through my dream journal to get a better picture of what my dream looked like, to draw scenes I remember the most. Not all of my entries have pictures with them, just the ones I could remember the best when I had woken up.

I will admit, my drawings aren't fantastic but they are actually really useful for remembering my dreams. I can remember some of the dreams I've recorded in my journal just by looking at the pictures.

Anyone else do this too? Or do you use other things instead of just writing? I'd love to know!
Reality Check time!

DreamerMan99

Re: Drawing your dreams instead of writing them - Dream Jour

Postby DreamerMan99 » 28 Jun 2013 15:17

I do the exact same thing - whenever I have something that will be a pain in the ass to explain, i simply just draw it. I have a strong photographic memory so i can see those things in my head easily again, and its a lot faster and enjoyable than writing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jun 2013 19:19

I wish I could draw a painting an convey the entire dream in a single work of art. Instead of reading pages I would simply look at the painting and remember the dream with that. Or maybe a detailed account written on the back as well. Words don't always do a dream justice.

But I can't draw well enough to do that.

However, I do make doodles to help explain. Especially when I see a gadget that is not like anything in real life. Or try to read words that look like alien hieroglyphs, I try to draw them to give an idea. I could spend a thousand words trying to explain it, but a picture can do it so much better.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 28 Jun 2013 22:44

Yeah i draw to aid my journal entries. With dreams, a picture really is often worth a thousand words!
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 04:22

:) HAGART does what I do. I will draw any inventions I see in dreams (I saw another one recently which I'd love to be able to market in real life as its doable and a great invention) and also symbols or alien writing, those things always get drawn.

Occassionally if a scene really grabbed me as it was in some way very weird eg a weird creature or hard to describe.. I'll try to paint it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”