Weird WILD Problems & Sleep Paralysis

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamerMan99

Weird WILD Problems & Sleep Paralysis

Postby DreamerMan99 » 28 Jun 2013 04:04

Ok so when I start having the beginnings of SP, i get what feels like electric jolts through my body and i start twitching. SP fades then comes back. Then, i have a feeling like someone is opening my eyes. If i relax and let my body go subconciously, my eyes just pop open and i dont even know it. I think its hypnogagnia and realize my smoke detectors light was on. I realized i had my eyes open for a while now. I still have SP but after this i get frusterated. Even when i try to stabilize my eyes, as soon as i get full body sleep paralysis, i loose breathing control... Why?!?! After this im not even tired, and pretty much toss and turn till I fall asleep. Another WILD fail.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

DreamChaser

Re: Weird WILD Problems & Sleep Paralysis

Postby DreamChaser » 28 Jun 2013 11:34

I don't have an answer for you, I'm sorry, but I have the exact same problem as you with SP. My eyes always open even if I don't want them too, and when I try again, it happens all over again. For me I think it's because I'm not fully relaxed, which is difficult for me to achieve.

Hopefully someone has some advice for this, because I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong too! C:
Reality Check time!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jun 2013 19:23

Do you try this when you first go to sleep at night,
or after you have already slept some and wake up and go back to bed?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 05:32

There may be various reasons for this.. some which could signal it as being a positive thing.

- When you feel your eyes opening.. you may actually have gone to sleep but not be aware you have done so and it could be your dream or astral eyes opening

- You may be someone who sleeps with their eyes partly open so this opening could in this case also signal you going to sleep while still aware.

It may be a good idea after this occurs to hold up your hand and do some reality checking, asking yourself "Are I Dreaming?", to make sure you havent unawarely moved into a false awakening state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”