Do your dream characters ever do this?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Vonozar

Do your dream characters ever do this?

Postby Vonozar » 10 Jun 2013 21:59

I took a nap and had a lucid dream that wasn't a WILD, but I became lucid right as the dream started. When I began exploring, a dream character came right to me and demanded I listen to him. He started talking about something I have been struggling with lately that I wasn't sure what to do about. None of it needed interperatation, he couldn't be more clear in what he meant. He stalked me throughout the entire dream no matter where I went or what I did, telling me the same thing over and over again until I finally gave in and asked him what he wanted me to do in detail. I had been avoiding what he wanted me to do until that point because I didn't believe it was the best solution to the problem, but as soon as I listened to what he had to say he ended the dream and I woke up. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidLink

Re: Do your dream characters ever do this?

Postby LucidLink » 11 Jun 2013 00:22

It's actually rare, but has happened to multiple dreamers.
I highly advise you listen to them, by the way. It's TOO important. They are only there to help you! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 12 Jun 2013 02:04

I thought it might be rare... But yes, what he was talking about was quite important. However it was a bit odd because consciously I had pretty much decided against that where as my subconscious seemed to be thinking something completely different.

fistania

Postby fistania » 12 Jun 2013 14:41

no, they only do that when i ask… and the answers are often ambigious :(
your inner self stalks you to tell his/her answer, doesn't it mean it's very important/urgent?
i want to know what will happen if you follow its suggestion, please update when/if you do it :)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 13 Jun 2013 15:29

Vonozar wrote:I thought it might be rare... But yes, what he was talking about was quite important. However it was a bit odd because consciously I had pretty much decided against that where as my subconscious seemed to be thinking something completely different.

Yeah, that actually is when this rare dream character situation seems to happen most, when the dreamer has decided on something important, and your subconscious seems to think an entirely different plan of action is what's needed.

So I'd say the subcontious knows best, I hope you go with the dream characters deciseon instead of your own.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 13 Jun 2013 19:43

After thinking it over a bit, I'm thinking I'll probably do what he wanted me to. But unfortunately I'm not sure how to go about doing it though, and he wasn't very clear about how to do it. He just wanted to make sure I did, no matter what the method. So it may be a bit before I act on his suggestion so I can think of the best way to do it. Unless he wants to come back and tell me that, too. I wouldn't complain. XD

Mrayoba12

Postby Mrayoba12 » 13 Jun 2013 22:04

Curious...what did he want you to do?

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 15 Jun 2013 06:01

Mrayoba12 wrote:Curious...what did he want you to do?

It's a really, really long story. :? Basically to sum it up, I'm worried about how to handle a situation without damaging or ending any relationships with some very close friends. It would take a long time to explain what I was thinking about doing and what he wanted me to do, so I won't get into it. Plus it's a tad embarrassing. :roll:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 10:08

I'd say the subcontious knows best,

Im not so sure about that as the subconsciousness can be strongly going by your own inner emotions and fears instead of your logical brain. It could be someones inner fears just talking to them... fear is can be a strong emotion and can get loud and pushy (to the point where it can start like screaming in your face).

Of cause it could be right as well but not necessarily so.

Ones subconsciousness talking, isnt the same as one's inner knowing giving one a message.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”