My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jigsaw79

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Jun 2013 02:28

MLP:FiM FTW!

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 26 Jun 2013 01:58

Teraku wrote:There's just not as many people interested in it as you'd think.

Remember, this forum is kind of a small niche community to begin with, so you probably wouldn't find a lot of people who watch the show here.

Also, the maturity in this forum seems to be a bit higher than average, and the memes you post tend to look out of place. Just saying. ;)

Actually, it takes a pretty high maturity level to be able to watch the show as a 17 year old. You need to be open minded, and not care what others think about you.
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 26 Jun 2013 04:50

worldenterer wrote:

Remember, this forum is kind of a small niche community to begin with, so you probably wouldn't find a lot of people who watch the show here.

Also, the maturity in this forum seems to be a bit higher than average, and the memes you post tend to look out of place. Just saying. ;)

Actually, it takes a pretty high maturity level to be able to watch the show as a 17 year old. You need to be open minded, and not care what others think about you.

Being open-minded is a good thing. But even then, there is a respectable limit.
If you're a young adult or even older adult and you're watching a show that's about ponies that talk and is ment for 5 year old girls? That's where the line is drawn. There isn't much respect out there for the bronie community.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 26 Jun 2013 04:53

LCDAnthony wrote:
worldenterer wrote:

If you're a young adult or even older adult and you're watching a show that's about ponies that talk and is ment for 5 year old girls? That's where the line is drawn. There isn't much respect out there for the bronie community.

Im sorry, im accepting of almost everyone, but I just dont understand the bronie or clopper community. Creeps me out. No hate, to tha bronies.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 27 Jun 2013 17:03

worldenterer wrote:

By definition, it takes a LOW level of maturity. I'm not hating, I just find bronies can be VERY annoying.

Also, most are very hypocritical with the whole "Love and tolerate" crap. They shove it in your face, and when you push it away, erupt into flames.

Not saying you are like that, but I would say the majority are.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 27 Jun 2013 20:43

LCDAnthony wrote:
worldenterer wrote:

This is just where we differ then. There is a massive majority of people who seem to realize what you cannot. I'm going to guess you haven't seen the show before, so you probably don't understand why people like me like it. Trust me, I would never be too open minded. One of my favorite quotes from Richard Dawkins reads "We must be open minded, but not so much so that our brains fall out."

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 27 Jun 2013 20:47

DreamerMan99 wrote:
LCDAnthony wrote:
worldenterer wrote:

Im sorry, im accepting of almost everyone, but I just dont understand the bronie or clopper community. Creeps me out. No hate, to tha bronies.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

If you've given the show a chance and you didn't like it, that's cool. But it's the people who have never seen it, and just assume that it's bad because it's made for younger crowds who bother me. Walt Disney once said, "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
MLP:FiM does a fantastic job of being entertaining no matter what age you are.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 28 Jun 2013 05:19

worldenterer wrote:This is just where we differ then. There is a massive majority of people who seem to realize what you cannot. I'm going to guess you haven't seen the show before, so you probably don't understand why people like me like it. Trust me, I would never be too open minded. One of my favorite quotes from Richard Dawkins reads "We must be open minded, but not so much so that our brains fall out."

Hey,

I just watch the first episode of season one. Here's my thoughts...

I get the concept of how it reaches out to the older aged community. It's plots are more constructed and are more harder to grasp than it would be for someone of a younger age. It doesn't really teach basic stuff to a kid like counting shit or something like that haha.

I think the reason why the show and the followers of the show get so much shit is because the theme. Ponies, baby dragons, rainbows, Unicorns, Pegasus, more girly colored theme. And the fact that the majority, not all, are older men.

That's my thoughts so far.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 29 Jun 2013 02:46

LCDAnthony wrote:
worldenterer wrote:This is just where we differ then. There is a massive majority of people who seem to realize what you cannot. I'm going to guess you haven't seen the show before, so you probably don't understand why people like me like it. Trust me, I would never be too open minded. One of my favorite quotes from Richard Dawkins reads "We must be open minded, but not so much so that our brains fall out."

Hey,

I get the concept of how it reaches out to the older aged community. It's plots are more constructed and are more harder to grasp than it would be for someone of a younger age. It doesn't really teach basic stuff to a kid like counting shit or something like that haha.

I think the reason why the show and the followers of the show get so much shit is because the theme. Ponies, baby dragons, rainbows, Unicorns, Pegasus, more girly colored theme. And the fact that the majority, not all, are older men.

Yeah, the first two episodes are just for character building really. When you get into the later ones it gets even better. If people want to think the show sucks because it's about ponies and rainbows, then screw them. It's a damn good show, and I'll never let anyone tell me otherwise! :D

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 29 Jun 2013 16:40

worldenterer wrote:
LCDAnthony wrote:

Hey,

Yeah, the first two episodes are just for character building really. When you get into the later ones it gets even better. If people want to think the show sucks because it's about ponies and rainbows, then screw them. It's a damn good show, and I'll never let anyone tell me otherwise! :D

Well that's good! Just some people don't like it. I gave the show a chance, I saw some things that kind of stood out but, I'm alright. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”