My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby DreamerMan99 » 29 Jun 2013 18:10

Sigh... The world will never cease to amaze me...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.

Postby LCDAnthony » 29 Jun 2013 23:54

DreamerMan99 wrote:Sigh... The world will never cease to amaze me...

Why's that?

Postby mia » 30 Jun 2013 04:54

"One of my favorite quotes from Richard Dawkins reads "We must be open minded, but not so much so that our brains fall out."

My my ,how terribly clever of him. It sounds like a put down to anyone who doesn't happen to toe his party line to me. Insults are never intelligent, just rude ( and yes; that applies even to the great god Richard Dawkins).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Postby Teraku » 01 Jul 2013 20:55

LCDAnthony wrote:
worldenterer wrote:
Teraku wrote:There's just not as many people interested in it as you'd think.

Remember, this forum is kind of a small niche community to begin with, so you probably wouldn't find a lot of people who watch the show here.

Also, the maturity in this forum seems to be a bit higher than average, and the memes you post tend to look out of place. Just saying. ;)

Actually, it takes a pretty high maturity level to be able to watch the show as a 17 year old. You need to be open minded, and not care what others think about you.

Being open-minded is a good thing. But even then, there is a respectable limit.
If you're a young adult or even older adult and you're watching a show that's about ponies that talk and is ment for 5 year old girls? That's where the line is drawn. There isn't much respect out there for the bronie community.

You do realize that the writers of the show constantly keep the older audience in mind, right?

There's quite a few references in there to things kids wouldn't understand. Such as Star Wars, Big Lebowski, and even Sigmund Freud. The brony community is also often acknowledged by Hasbro on Twitter.

Once you get past the name and the style, it can be pretty fun. For most adults, the show really picks up in Season 2, since that's the point where the authors realized "Hey, adults are watching this too". If it had any other name than "My Little Pony", people wouldn't be making such a fuss over it. Just saying. ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”