Was this Lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jbisabass

Was this Lucid dream?

Postby jbisabass » 18 Jun 2013 12:02

Note: video game experts might be better at catching references than others

As I got out of the shower last night, I was thinking "Lucid dreaming might help me experience Virtua Cop as one of the cops one day" (Virtua Cop is an amazing on rail shooter by Sega). Also, I was thinking "I wonder what it would be like being Tails for a day" (Sega character, personal favorite). One of my dreams tonight was that I was with Sonic and Shadow (from the Sonic the Hedgehog series) getting ready to go out on a rooftop (that would be inspired by me watching the rooftop chase from an HBO Zone recording of In Time instead of the whole film, which I already saw). Silver (introduced in 06) arrived from the future with a shrink ray and 2 noisy crickets (guns from Men in Black which are extremely small, but will cause an explosion wherever it is aimed at). Sonic and Shadow obviously got the noisy crickets, and I got the shrink gun, but after getting hit with it first. I still saw things from my normal size, but I was still shrunk to about Sonic's and Shadow's sizes. Then a real looking Joan Allen (Bourne movies, the ones with Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner :roll: ) explained our mission as we were heading out (I think we were in some sort of 1950s-1960s family go cart). Just before we started to move, I woke up. Lasted for about a minute. I knew was in the dream and I never had a lucid induction, and I felt half lucid (I was feeling lucid the entire time), but I do not know whether it was or was not. My only other dream that night was a recurring "cinematic" dream about driving by a lakeside (that is where it was) beach shop, and sometimes we even went in the parking lot, in the very back, in a spot where a car could tumble on ours (actually we didn't do this but I could see it coming). lasted for 5 seconds.

tea

Re: Was this Lucid dream?

Postby tea » 30 Jun 2013 21:32

simple answer: did you know you were dreaming? if so, yes; that's what defines a lucid dream.

or.. what's your question after all?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “For Beginners”