Suggestion Box

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tea

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby tea » 30 Jun 2013 22:01

first off, THANKS for getting rid of all those spamposts!!

second, i liked lucidinthe sky's idea:

lucidinthe sky wrote:I suggest adding a topic called "Dream Science" for those who wish to discuss engage in discussing the purely scientific aspects of dreaming. It would kind of be a counterweight to the "Paranormal Activities" section which I think is also good. Some of the more scientific minded people on the forum would probably appreciate it.

this hasn't been considered any further, has it?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Jul 2013 00:53

Hello,

I have a suggestion which I think will be a great addition to this forum:

AN INTRODUCTION SECTION.

Up till now, most people have no choice but to introduce themselves in the 'Beginner' section. (I know I did). Even if we are not true beginners to the world of lucid dreaming but new to... "The World Of Lucid Dreaming Website".

Regardless of where you are in your pursuit of the lucid dream.... there needs to be a place to introduce yourself in this forum regardless of whatever 'level' you are at.

The default is the 'Beginner' section, you have no choice.

JeJe made a post about 'new members introducing themselves' and it got so many hits. It was a great idea. And there is a need for this. We need a better place for it.

I suggest:

"INTRODUCTION SECTION". A new forum category......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:22

Lucid Dreamer wrote:Hi Rebecca! I just noticed in your article "how to have lucid flying dreams" and under the subtitle "how to have flying dreams", you say, "now it's helpgul" instead of helpful. Just thought that you might want to know that!
-Lucid Dreamer

Thanks!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:31

lucidinthe sky wrote:I suggest adding a topic called "Dream Science" for those who wish to discuss engage in discussing the purely scientific aspects of dreaming. It would kind of be a counterweight to the "Paranormal Activities" section which I think is also good. Some of the more scientific minded people on the forum would probably appreciate it.

Done!

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Awesome suggestion.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:39

HAGART wrote:Hello,

I have a suggestion which I think will be a great addition to this forum:

AN INTRODUCTION SECTION.

Up till now, most people have no choice but to introduce themselves in the 'Beginner' section. (I know I did). Even if we are not true beginners to the world of lucid dreaming but new to... "The World Of Lucid Dreaming Website".

Regardless of where you are in your pursuit of the lucid dream.... there needs to be a place to introduce yourself in this forum regardless of whatever 'level' you are at.

The default is the 'Beginner' section, you have no choice.

JeJe made a post about 'new members introducing themselves' and it got so many hits. It was a great idea. And there is a need for this. We need a better place for it.

I suggest:

"INTRODUCTION SECTION". A new forum category......

Really good idea. I never even considered that being new around here does not necessarily mean being new to lucid dreaming....

Introduce Yourself is now here:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

Thanks Hagart ;)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:41

Vonozar wrote:A lot of the people using this forum have been talking about a DILD method called SSILD. Perhaps you should consider doing a tutorial on it so that when people browse your site they can find it easily and decide if they want to try it. I only found out about it because of this forum. It's a great technique. It would be great if it could become a bit more popularized. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Nice. I'll look into a SILD tutorial!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:48

btifuldreamer wrote:I went into the topic 'questions for Rebecca' then i looked at the last post date and realized it was so long ago, then i realized the topic was locked :o Where are you Rebecca? :(

I realize my absence is felt! I'm really full on busy being a baby mama these days, trying as often as I can to write new content for the website and general maintenance at the same time. It's been crazy but the older he gets, the more time I have to dedicate to my work (he's 9 months now.....)

We do have lots of experienced lucid dreamers around here and they do chime in with advice when they see a good question that needs answering. My advice is keep posting and try to write post titles that grab their curiosity and encourage engagement with lots of members - this is what creates a popular thread!

If any experienced lucid dreamers wants to create their own Ask Me Anything thread I'd highly encourage it :D

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jul 2013 09:51

DeltaV wrote:I think it'd be nice if something could be added to block spambots. They are making a huge mess here :(

Yeah that was a nasty attack :(

All better now as you can see and we have stronger countermeasures for incoming registrations too.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 08 Jul 2013 09:54

This has already been made so my suggestion is everyone join the Lucid dream chat box! :lol: It's in my signature down below vv Guitar48300 made the chat room so he gets full credit ;) It will allow real time talking instead of writing all the info as you can in one post and waiting for a reply. Also, so the chat doesn't get PACKED full of random comments and words, we can all talk about one topic at a time and everyone can talk about their experiences and thoughts on it. You don't have to go by that but it's just my opinion on what what we should do so there aren't 10 different people having different conversations at a time. Hope i see you all on there :D
-Shane

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 13 Aug 2013 03:22

Hello, Rebecca!
I love your website, it is so helpful. I had my first lucid dream the very night I started reading your articles!
So thanks for that. I'm really new to this forum, so I could be way out of line by saying this. But it seems like the 'dream science' topic isn't very popular and there aren't a lot of discussions going on there. (It could be that it's just a fairly recent addition to the forum, I'm not sure). My suggestion is to replace the topic "Dream Science" with "The Human Mind," like the category on your website!
Thanks again for all your fascinating and helpful articles :)
Well said.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”