i needd helpp.. :/

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
ThreeStarE

i needd helpp.. :/

Postby ThreeStarE » 09 Dec 2011 22:06

Alright, so I'm trying not to lose the patience I have left, I know it doesn't come easy, but does anyone know advice they can give me.? What shouldd I do to have lucid dream.?! I've triedd alotta different things.. but all I've gotten was semi lucid. And now I don't even have dreams. Is it possble I'm just not able to have lucid dreams.? Or am I doing it wrong, reply wanted. Thankyou fellow dreamers.
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

Peter

Re: i needd helpp.. :/

Postby Peter » 09 Dec 2011 22:12

it can take anything from a lucky hit to get your first LD to years of practise to acheive regular controlled LD, so if you are serious that work on one issue at a time and expect it to take a long time, but it will be a great journey and worth the effort if you stick with it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 09 Dec 2011 22:40

Alright thankyou peter, do you have advicee.?

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Dec 2011 23:43

stay keen and learn as we all need to get our own way of getting lucid. Also look at what you acheive not what you get stuck on. And dont measure your results against what others say they do - its really you own journey at your own speed.

Keep posting and asking - this is the best blog with open helpful members

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 10 Dec 2011 02:06

Thank you again peter, ill follow your advice.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 10 Dec 2011 02:58

Are you journaling? Thats the starting point. I think it is easy to focus on the end goal too much without working on the processes. It is a journey after all. I was frustrated for awhile until I got into remembering dreams. Some are super cool even if no lucidity. I contented myself with those and realized how cool dreams are. I guess I was lucky as I had my first lucid dream 3 days after reading the book EWLD. so ive seen the promised land. But after a 2nd one I went a week with no dreams and was worried. But they started again and now I recall one or more every night. Three good ones last night. So get journalling and dream recall down first. Then go the next step and build on that. Ive had 11 lucid moments now... Staying in the dream is my current problem area, but have had 3 cool ones that lasted a little while so I could try flying and other super human feats. Im taking it slow and trying to figure out what works for me. Was lucid 2 nights in a row now so am learning I believe. But journalling is the foundation. You've gotta recall them first!

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 10 Dec 2011 03:13

Yer right.! Why try to make baked alaska, if you don't know how to make cereal. (Stupid analogy) but its hardd trying to remember my dreams :/

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 11 Dec 2011 17:18

Two suggestions-
1- Work on remembering dreams. I've got a few suggestions on this,,,,
- If you are remembering one dream a night keep at it and try to remember two, then three.
- if you aren't remembering any normally, when you wake up in the night, don't move until you can remember a little about your last dream, and then write it down immediately. Do this for a few days at least and this will get you in the mental habit of remembering.
- if you don't naturally wake up in the night then you need to set an alarm for 90 minutes after you go to sleep. This will wake you up right after a dream and most of the time you will remember. Write it down and re-set your timer for another 90 minute alarm. (a digital kitchen times is best, or there are iPhone apps that do this too). Obviously you can't do this long term as you need your sleep, so do this for a couple days over a weekend and it will be enough to get you in the mental habit of remembering.

2- Think about whether you are dreaming many times during the day and do a reality check. This gets you in the habit of checking but I also found it embedded the whole subject matter of LD in my mind. If you start having dreams where you discuss lucid dreaming you are getting close. This is how it worked for me.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 11 Dec 2011 22:28

fuzzylogic wrote:Two suggestions-
1- Work on remembering dreams. I've got a few suggestions on this,,,,
- If you are remembering one dream a night keep at it and try to remember two, then three.
- if you aren't remembering any normally, when you wake up in the night, don't move until you can remember a little about your last dream, and then write it down immediately. Do this for a few days at least and this will get you in the mental habit of remembering.

Thankyou fuzzy, I have one question for you though, your first suggestion for remembering my dreams, what do you mean remembering two after I remember one, is there like a secondd andd thirdd dream I usually haven't a clue about.?? :o

TaoTeRazz

Postby TaoTeRazz » 14 Dec 2011 20:58

Hey ThreeStarE,

First, I would let go of any frustration and just relax. Cultivating lucidity within dreams only comes easily without effort and trying. As Fuzzylogic and Rothgar suggested, (let go of the whole idea of cultivating lucidity within your dreams) and focus your Attention on your ability to recall your dreams first.

Perhaps you might find some inspiration from my recent post.

TaoTeRazz
Nosce te Ipsum

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”