Newbie here, looking for some tips please? (:

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lauren

Newbie here, looking for some tips please? (:

Postby Lauren » 04 Jul 2013 20:09

Hi all,
My name is Lauren and recently I've become completely fascinated with lucid dreaming! I started keeping a dream journal a couple of days ago, and I have already noticed that I am able to recall my dreams in more and more detail each morning, however I can't seem to induce a lucid dream! :(

I've mainly been using the WBTB technique and I always have a dream after doing this, but I never seem to be able to make myself realise that I'm dreaming :( I'd very much appreciate it if someone could maybe share some tips or techniques that have worked for them :) I do appreciate that a lot of LDing is through patience and the build up of skill, but some tips to possibly speed up the process would be lovely!

Kind Regards,
Lauren :)

Goldkoron

Re: Newbie here, looking for some tips please? (:

Postby Goldkoron » 04 Jul 2013 20:39

I have never had success with WBTB technique, I am more of a beginner myself, but I have had quite a few lucid dreams. Most of my lucid dreams have happened just by going to bed thinking about lucid dreams, one of my lucid dreams was invoked by a reality check, another was by simply knowing it was Wednesday when a dream character told it was Friday.
Do a reality check

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 04 Jul 2013 21:12

Thanks for your reply :)
how did you do the reality check in your dream (if that makes sense)
I think I'll try the WBTB method for a while longer, because I've heard that it really works for some people :)
Also, have you ever used binaural beats or isochronic tones? I've been researching them and apparently they are quite good for relaxation and meditation, and often induce lucid dreams, so I'm trying to find someone who has had personal experiences with them :)

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 04 Jul 2013 22:39

The reality check I use is simply pressing my finger into the palm of my other hand, and seeing if I feel anything at all.

As for binaural beats and theta waves, I do listen to them sometimes but the way to induce a lucid dream with them is to fall asleep with your headphones on with them running. I cannot really do that in my house as my family would be like :?: if they saw me doing that.
Do a reality check

Falandor

Postby Falandor » 05 Jul 2013 00:50

If you do several reality checks a day and ingrain it in your routine there is a chance you will do this in your dream and realize that you're dreaming this method is called dild and there are many types of reality checks I suggest you look into it

Return to “For Beginners”