The law of attraction

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Je-Je

Re: The law of attraction

Postby Je-Je » 19 May 2013 20:19

Summerlander wrote:
It is a simulation of randomness which depends on the mechanism and can never be affected by human thought (as much as some fancy the idea) as this would defy the computerisation itself.

And how does some people move object with their mind???We are all connected by energy.

The physic quantum shows (watch a lot of video or read book about it). Some physician said that we can
teleport a solid object one place to another.

Scientists said that we only use 7% of the power of our mind.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 May 2013 01:41

And how does some people move object with their mind???

They don't. Maybe in "Phenomenon", "Powder", "Matilda", or even in lucid dreams they do. :mrgreen:

The physic quantum shows (watch a lot of video or read book about it). Some physician said that we can teleport a solid object one place to another.

I think you mean "physicist" and not "physician" (look up the meaning of both). I happen to have read a lot about quantum theory. I love the subject. But there are many myths that are easily dispelled just by reading the right books by the real experts - especially those that worked at CERN.

Teleportation has not been demonstrated yet so there is no reason to believe that it is possible yet, and (especially on a classical level) it is the stuff of science-fiction. If it is possible, hypothetically speaking, it will most certainly be achievable technologically by taking advantage of quantum entanglement, nothing supernatural there.

If you imagine the universe as a huge gravitational well, and the tiniest particles of baryonic matter being marbles, the quantum entanglement effect would be like removing one of the 'marbles' to have another one fall into its place. The analogy may not fully encompass the nature of quantum mechanics but it does reflect, in part, the natural principle (emphasis on natural as opposed to supernatural). No information travels faster than light, so, in quantum entanglement, what is going on is a cosmological effect in a great gravitational 'well'. This is the extent to which things are truly connected apart from the fact that everything originated from the same bang.

The connection, however, does not extend to wishes being granted to massive atomic structures mostly perceiving the macro scale as conscious agents, such as us, as though there is some intelligence behind the cosmos. That's wishful thinking and it were true it would not only violate the laws of physics, but would also be demonstrable in the prayer experiments that have been conducted - not to mention that scientists would have clocked on from experiments and statistics ;)

Scientists said that we only use 7% of the power of our mind.

I think you mean the idea that we only use 10% of our brains. It's a myth. If we only used a small percentage we wouldn't have evolved as much brain mass as what we currently have in the first place. Natural selection would not favour it if we don't need the extra weight. Besides, science shows us that we absolutely use all of it. What is true is that, when someone decides to learn a new skill, for example, they can develop new neural connections over time and what seems difficult at first may become a doddle. In this case, we are talking about the potential of what people can develop.

Anyway, all of this seems irrelevant to the alleged predication in this topic. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 22 May 2013 14:11

Here a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YYEObxhAE ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 May 2013 21:03

What drugs did Russell Brand and Jim Carrey take? LOL! :lol:

I will agree with Jim there though. Thoughts are illusory. Consciousness is illusory! It is a strong illusion. And so are the strange notions about the universe that people have. 8-)

But I was disappointed with the video calling Masaru Emoto's research as mind over matter evidence. Really? The pseudoscientist from India who refused to reveal the details of his experiments and whose work is open to error? It's a valid as the PEAR work that I have refuted before (as if punters at my workplace could really change the deterministic patterns of RNGs in terminals with their minds!)

And John Hagelin? Biased by his yogi friends who assigned him a great position at the David Lynch foundation whose only role of 'transcendence' is to help individuals with problems such as PTSD, ADHD and other conditions. The fact that meditation can alter brain activity isn't news to anyone who has an ounce of understanding.

And then there is Hagelin's affiliation with the Maharishi university whose questionable blend of religious ideologies and science and the outrageous distinctions they make such as "modern science" and "Vedic science" (science is science!) comes with a spate of chicanery and New Age wish-wash. No wonder his academic peers have largely ostracised him. :P

Here's an excerpt from the Dallas Observer regarding Hagelin and his belief that his mental powers can change the world (and do check out the link):

"Beyond this largely laughable claim, critics say the Maharishi has a larger goal: Secure government funding to build the TM dominion under the rubric of improving health care, education, and other areas. The U.S. Natural Law Party, one of more than 80 chapters worldwide established by the Maharishi during the '90s, is a political vehicle with the apparent aim of bagging more tax dollars for TM, even though a federal court declared it a religion in the '70s. As well, the Maharishi has made comments that he believes democracy to be a "corrupt" form of government in need of elimination.

Hagelin plays a starring role in this nuttiness. In 1993, he took legions of meditators to Washington, D.C., in a failed attempt to lower the city's notoriously high murder rate, and he (unsuccessfully) offered contingents for peacekeeping missions to Kosovo and the Persian Gulf. Since Hagelin's '92 and '96 campaigns flopped, he adopted a new strategy of sweeping his stranger metaphysical claims under the rug and trying to swallow other third parties. In part of a divided and desperate Reform Party, he found a sucker."

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2000-10-05/news/good-vibrations/

Imagination happens with a mishmash of thoughts. The bricks of an idea are made up of stuff that our organisms have been previously exposed to. Like a child seeing a pig and then an eagle and eventually imagining a flying pig with wings. Nothing to be excited about. What we see is merely the natural evolution of physical bodies and the evolution of consciousness a result and a byproduct. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 03 Jul 2013 19:24

I think that the law of attraction is simply one of those things very susceptible to confirmation bias. You're more likely to remember the times it has worked, than the times it didn't work.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jul 2013 21:29

I second that! :D

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Jul 2013 12:57

OMG THIS IS SO INTERESTING. It kinda makes sense when you think about it. today i watched a YouTube video titled 'bulletball' and it is about a man that had a dream of a game that would become an Olympic sport. He gave up 25 years of his life, sold his house, all his stuff and lost his job so he could dedicate his life to making this game. He was so convinced that this game would be successful that he gave up everything for this game. He took it to the game judges or something and he showed them and it and they weren't convinced it was a good game. None of the judges liked it and of course he was heartbroken. What i don't get is if the law of attraction is real why did he not get his dream come true because he was so insistent that the game would be a success and told himself it would be, which is the 'secret' isn't it? Telling yourself what you want to happen will happen? Unless his game becomes a success, i'm not 100% sure the law of attraction is true. But that is only one example. what's everyone else's thoughts?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 05 Jul 2013 14:10

The law of attraction is more deeper. The secret doesnt tell you the true on the LOA. If you didnt get the thing you wanted, its because; 1 you're paying a debt of the Universe (maybe you kill somebody or has made something wrong with your children, your parents or your teachers etc... in the past) 2 its maybe because the univers wants to warn you of a big mistake you'll do with the thing you ask ( ex: by having the game he ask, he will lose a lot of money and wont get any clients, this is why the univers doesnt want to give, but he will get another things then).

You must respect the law. But in the secret, they dont tell you about the law.

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 06 Jul 2013 20:40

Je-Je wrote:
Summerlander wrote:
It is a simulation of randomness which depends on the mechanism and can never be affected by human thought (as much as some fancy the idea) as this would defy the computerisation itself.

And how does some people move object with their mind???We are all connected by energy.

The physic quantum shows (watch a lot of video or read book about it). Some physician said that we can
teleport a solid object one place to another.

Ha, it's FAR more complicated than you think. It involves destroying the object in one place, then recreating it exactly the same in the other. So far, they can only do it with a single photon at a time.
Je-Je wrote:Scientists said that we only use 7% of the power of our mind.

*Facepalm*
Wives tales.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 07 Jul 2013 22:16

Yeah, the whole "We only use 7% of our minds" is BS. We use all of it, or evolution would've weeded it out a long time ago. We simply don't use all of it at once. Because well, when are you really going to juggle tennis balls and at the same time, do a calculus test and recite the alphabet, all while having a conversation with someone?

Return to “Off-Topic”