Names of Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
taniaaust1

Re: Names of Dream Characters

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 10:25

My DCs of recent times are now giving me very common names.

eg the one last night was named Simon. He was slow (simple) .. and I actually met him at a fair.
"Simple Simon met a pieman going to a fair" (as that rhyme goes, I didnt know he was mentally challenged till he spoke and gave me his name.. I only thought of the Simple Simon aspect of this dream immediately afterwards).
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 08 Apr 2015 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Jul 2013 04:18

Ive had people give me their names in dreams but they are usually just uncommon ones, like one I heard was Kaitlyn spelled weird, Andres, Cullen, ect.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 07 Jul 2013 22:13

Every time a DC tries to tell me his/her name, it just comes out as a garbled mess. Kinda like in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, where "Mr. Scratch" is replaced with "Mr. (*static*)".

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Jul 2013 07:08

The only dream character that gave me his name was in a time travel dream. The guy had a southern accent (United States) and I remembered his name which was a very unusual name (first name was Darvis) He also gave me his last name which I will keep to myself.

When I woke up, I searched online for that name and found only one reference, to a guy who died about 3 years before I had the dream. He was from the south. Kind of weird.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Jul 2013 15:25

lucidinthe sky wrote:The only dream character that gave me his name was in a time travel dream. The guy had a southern accent (United States) and I remembered his name which was a very unusual name (first name was Darvis) He also gave me his last name which I will keep to myself.

When I woke up, I searched online for that name and found only one reference, to a guy who died about 3 years before I had the dream. He was from the south. Kind of weird.

Wow. That's very interesting. I tend to ask the names of DC's also for me to search online or other ways to see if they exist. I even asked for a Facebook profile link once :lol:
The only curious thing i found is when a DC started to talk to me about conspiracy and activists and mentioned a writer in Portugal (where i'm from) that wrote articles in a magazine i never heard before. When i searched online, i found that the magazine existed in the 50's, but i didn't find any mention to that writer.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jul 2013 02:09

I saw this post for a while and couldn't think of any. Now, it is so obvious.

HAGART was as dream character I met. (D'OH!) That's why I took the name, because it was interesting to me. I totally forgot until now. I even asked the DC to spell it just to make sure they didn't say HAGGARD instead and I misinterpreted it. I looked it up on the internet the next day and it is an actual last name! ( I looked it up again and John Hagart is a Scottish football player! ) (I think it is just coincidence because you can type in almost anything in Google and find something )

Many times, I forget to ask, and always wish I did.
Off the top of my head, of the ones I did ask and responded, I met one named, Ryan (nothing amazing about that). One was Sana, another actual name.
I met Magnum Beefy once, (a curious cat) and just last night I met one and his name was simply, Beefy. I don't know why?
They've got the coolest names sometimes. (Do I like beef or something?!?!?? What's my dream trying to tell me?!?!??!?!) :lol:

If anyone is talking to a dream character, remember to ask their name. They say the darndest things sometimes!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

EmberEpix

Postby EmberEpix » 28 Jan 2015 03:07

I once had a dream which I met with a sort of chubby blonde woman named Lissy,

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 28 Jan 2015 19:39

In all of my lucid dreams over the years, I have only asked two dream characters what their names were. The first was about 11 years ago when I became fully lucid in my own room. There was a beautiful woman in the room with me, and I was just amazed at her beauty. She looked so pretty that I started thinking things like, "is this my soul mate meeting me in my dream? is this a lost love from another life time" I mean she was so attractive that those thoughts ran through my head and made me wonder... she was very soft spoken, and had that look of natural beauty.

I asked her what her name was and she said, "Melissa" I then asked if we would meet each other in waking life and she told me yes lol

For months after that particular lucid dream I was on the lookout for any women named Melissa that I came across or who may have entered my life (at the time, I didn't know any Melissa's). Months passed (with no Melissa's crossing paths with me) and I eventually forgot about it but that lucid dream had been so impactful, it was one of the few that I actually wrote down, immediately after it happened.

More recently (just a couple weeks ago) I was fully lucid walking next to someone who appeared to be in his mid 50's in age, a tall black gentleman with grey hair and I asked him his name and he told me "Ann" I thought that was rather odd since he was a guy lol
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 23 Mar 2015 07:15

A long time ago I had a dream where I was fighting a guy named Khimo Therapy. Not sure how that, of all things became a DC's name.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 06 Apr 2015 03:14

It seems to me that when dream characters have an unusual name, this can sometimes be a symbol or metaphor, often with a psychological or emotional implication.

Perhaps "de Casalaes" is related to farm or house.
The condition of a dream house might symbolize some aspect of the health of the dreamer's body.

"D'Erotiz" may be associated with erotic concerns.

The "Black Osiris" is a very important ancient Egyptian god who oversees the mysterious process of death and transformation. The death/rebirth theme in dreams may symbolize a major period of transformation between stages of life and/or a psychological transition.

I recommend this Wikipedia article - "Dying-and-rising god".

An excerpt -
"From the symbolic perspective, (psychoanalyst Carl Jung) sees dying and rising gods as an archetypal process resonating with the collective unconscious through which the rising god becomes the greater personality (The Self - a symbolic representation of one's whole, fully developed and integrated personality.)

jasmine2

Return to “Dream Characters”