Having a planned, full, and long adventure in a Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dala374

Having a planned, full, and long adventure in a Lucid Dream

Postby Dala374 » 08 Jul 2013 17:32

Has anyone ever thought of a story (with a plot and everything) that you were actually able to live out in your lucid dream? Say you literally wrote a story, or were writing one, and wanted to have a lucid dream about it maybe not EXACTLY the way you wrote it down but very very similar. And I'm talking about a story that lasts several pages haha

Would you let your subconscious steer the wheel of the plot, knowing/hoping it has your intention? (Though I guess if your subconscious is in control of the dream, that means you wouldn't be fully lucid) Or do you have to change the scene, characters, and everything at every step of the way.

If so then this seems like a more advanced thing. But has anyone ever done this? How did you achieve it? After lots of practicing and lucid dreams, did it just happen one night?

HAGART

Re: Having a planned, full, and long adventure in a Lucid Dr

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 02:30

No, I have never done this and it does seem very advanced. It would take a lot of mind control. My lucid dreams are still at the whim of my subconscious dream-mind. I only bend it to my will and 'steer' it. But I am always surprised by what I find.

When you think about it, living a completely fabricated dream of your own creation might actually be boring. Our subconscious is far more creative!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Guitar48300

Re: Having a planned, full, and long adventure in a Lucid Dr

Postby Guitar48300 » 10 Jul 2013 19:57

I've planned part of adventures, but not a full story. I just think of the characters, the setting and how it should start and see where the dream goes from there. That way there's still a chance for surprises. Still havent had a chance to live these adventures, but still hoping
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”