Shared Dream Experiment

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 06 Jul 2013 08:25

I googled Shared Dreaming and found a ton of information. Maybe even more than lucid dreaming. There are many accounts of it and many believers. But even they point out that the dream is not EXACTLY the same because they are viewing it from different perspectives and remember it differently so it is also interpreted differently when they recall it.

I don't really know how to connect in a dream. I bet it is easier if you actually know the person intimately, but maybe not. And one way I heard to connect in dreams is if both people come up with a pre-planned destination to meet up, like a place they both know in real life. (Which would be nearly impossible here). Or we imagine our own destination spot and make it as detailed as possible. Perhaps some place in a movie that is so common we are all familiar with it. Who hasn't heard of Starwars? We can all meet at the Deathstar! ;)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby SarahDank » 06 Jul 2013 16:08

Ok, anyone here in Australia?

Postby ESPer » 08 Jul 2013 21:33

HAGART wrote:
My hypothesis is that it's not possible, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I like that you use the word hypothesis instead of "conclusion". I agree, but never draw conclusions. My belief system changes as more input comes along. Evolves you could say. Keep on keepin on that way...

I don't subscribe to it simply because I've yet to experience it, and I've experienced a lot dream wise. But then again I've felt very strongly (during the dreams) that I was sharing them many times, and either had no way of verifying it, or even more commonly... was too embarrassed to try to confirm it. Calling up old flames that are now married to other men to ask them if they dreamt of you last night... not exactly on my to-do list.

Ya never know though, and that's the darndest thing about it. And I just had one 3 nights ago. I've had many. The only times I'll ever inquire is if it's a buddy I still associate with, which makes up a small percentage. It's usually old flames, or flames that "could have" been but never were, making up for that lost opportunity. That is the variety I had just the other night.

I've even straight up told them in the dreams before: "Call me when you wake up. You're going to have to be the one to call me because I'm too stubborn, proud, or embarrassed to call you." LOL, seriously. But never received the phone call.

My theory is that only 1 person is initiating the dream. They are the "dreamer", per say. They've opened up the door to that reality, and it is just one out of nearly infinite ones. They can try to populate it, say in a lucid dream, by thinking of that person, but it's just a projection of that person. It won't possess their consciousness. And for 2 pair to bump into each other, to inhabit that same reality, would be like blindy turning a giant tuning knob on a cosmic radio with 999999999 to the 9999999999999999'th power channels... and hitting THEE 1 same one.

Or could even be impossible because each individual has their own reality, based on their own consciousness/sentience. And their dreams are like their own closed space realities. If not impossible it would take one heckuva hacker to get in there. Extremely advanced entities, perhaps nothing short of God(s) material to pull such a thing off.

I've seen claims, but I remain unconvinced by them. I don't discount the possibility of anything, because I've seen a lot. But I'd have to see this for myself too.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

Postby HAGART » 08 Jul 2013 23:22

You sound like me talking!

So, I'm not alone in this endeavor or question. I don't know if it will happen here on this website. I'm an open-minded skeptic.

If there is any truth to this, I think identical twins may have the advantage....

I think about it more and more and change my opinion all the time.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby Goldkoron » 30 Oct 2013 23:02

So I was talking with a friend from school today, who surprisingly turns out to be an experienced lucid dreamer. And he told me that he once had a shared dream with a friend, and described it in detail, and his friends point of view, it was quite shocking. I believe shared dreaming might be possible, and I am going to trying doing a shared dream with this friend who is a lucid dreamer. I will update you guys if we have any success.
Do a reality check

Postby mondmadlin » 31 Oct 2013 19:27

I had a similiar experience on the night of the 29. october, I asked a friend who lucid dream since childhood (and isn´t able to normal dream, she lucid dreams every night) and I asked her to summon me and ask me questions about how I can better get lucid, she said that all of her characters don´t do stuff on their own, only thigns she wants them to do.
Well, in that night I became lucid for a short time, not very much lucid, barely able to control myself, but still able to realize that it was a dream, I sat in front of a computer in that dream :roll:
Anyways, the next day she told me that I was her first independent character, not doing stuff she wnated me to do, she said that when she asked a question I just said that I wouldn´t know the answer, when I asked what I did she said that I just sat around there, not seeming very conscious she said, what actually was true, it seems a bit strange to me because all of sudden, when she summoned me I were able to lucid dream again after two days... But after that she told me that somethign in the dream stabbed her in the back, she said it hurt alot and when she woke up she had a fever... :(

Postby Summerlander » 02 Nov 2013 23:41

I have had some experiences with my wife. It seems like we shared a couple of dreams once but we can't be sure. I also visited two different people in OOBEs and it seems like I saw things that were on their minds at the time. But cannot be sure on them and can't rule out coincidence.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”