Conscious afterlife...

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Conscious afterlife...

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Jul 2013 04:03

LucidLink wrote:Not only, am I 100 percent sure, we will experience a conscious afterlife, I have a strong belief of where it is and what it is. I am not religeous, I follow no religeon, but I believe in all the enlightened masters, such as Jesus, Bhudda, and Muhammad.

But as for the after life? I believe it's the same place we go when we dream, which is perfectly fitting for this forum. I also believe learning to lucid dream, is learning to function in that conscious after life.

I believe when we die, we will create a whole reality of our life, just like we do when we dream, only we won't know we created it, also just like a dream, and then we will live that dream life, thinking it's reality, Intill we've realized it's not actually physical reality and where dead.

Which is why, I also believe learning to lucid dream, will be a very valuable asset after we die.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

This is pretty much what I think too. I also see the connection between dreams and the afterlife, which I believe we will experience after we die. The last statement about learning to LD as being an asset after we die, actually I think it's an ability we already have and we are kind of staying in practice while we are here through dreams/Lds. I believe that all "reality" is created or manifested by us. Here in our Earth life we get to live in the illusion that it exists without our creating it, but after this we will know the truth as you said.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 03 Jul 2013 06:43

lucidinthe sky wrote:
LucidLink wrote:Not only, am I 100 percent sure, we will experience a conscious afterlife, I have a strong belief of where it is and what it is. I am not religeous, I follow no religeon, but I believe in all the enlightened masters, such as Jesus, Bhudda, and Muhammad.

But as for the after life? I believe it's the same place we go when we dream, which is perfectly fitting for this forum. I also believe learning to lucid dream, is learning to function in that conscious after life.

I believe when we die, we will create a whole reality of our life, just like we do when we dream, only we won't know we created it, also just like a dream, and then we will live that dream life, thinking it's reality, Intill we've realized it's not actually physical reality and where dead.

Which is why, I also believe learning to lucid dream, will be a very valuable asset after we die.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

This is pretty much what I think too. I also see the connection between dreams and the afterlife, which I believe we will experience after we die. The last statement about learning to LD as being an asset after we die, actually I think it's an ability we already have and we are kind of staying in practice while we are here through dreams/Lds. I believe that all "reality" is created or manifested by us. Here in our Earth life we get to live in the illusion that it exists without our creating it, but after this we will know the truth as you said.

I kind of like that philosophy.
It seems quite nice. I like the idea of how it works.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jul 2013 21:30

Teraku wrote:As much as I'd like to think there is an afterlife of sorts, I don't think there really is one. It seems to me that consciousness is not separate from the brain.

I concur, my dear sir! :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Falandor

Postby Falandor » 03 Jul 2013 22:31

This is my view on the afterlife our consciousness is energy and energy cant be destroyed I think we just go into a different form of life after death one not conceivable by our material bodies maybe a different dimension maybe a different universe altogether but I don't believe there is not an afterlife

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jul 2013 18:25

I'll say this again...

Either there is an afterlife where we have all the brain deficits and share it with deceased individuals as cerebrally impaired, or, there is no afterlife as neuroscientific evidence weighs in favour of conscious annihilation once the brain is destroyed. Which one makes more sense to you?

I follow science and reason. There is no afterlife. You go back to the state you were in before you were, i.e. you're not! Death means death, folks. :roll:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 09 Jul 2013 19:27

Summerlander wrote: Death means death folks. I would find nothing wrong with his statement if he could bring himself to write: In my opinion Death means death folks. instead ramming it down as the only truth. Again that is his view and in my opinion he is welcome to it, but may we differ? :)

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 09 Jul 2013 20:16

We can't know for sure what comes after death. We can speculate, though.

I don't think there's an afterlife, but there may very well be. And if there is, I'd think it would be similar to Limbo in Inception; A world created entirely by your inner self.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 10 Jul 2013 05:15

Science doesn't have any proof of an afterlife. It's only based around the conscious/subconscious facts. Which could in fact be wrong because science is not always right.

As much as science has proved, you've got to think... What hasn't science proved? There is more to than which science knows.

I do like the fact science can truly prove a list of things and it's even made think of some of the things in the bible, as in... really questions it's likely-hood. Science also proved a lot of things within the bible as well!

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 10 Jul 2013 11:44

The big kicker is near death experiences where the person either nearly dies or dies, and then comes back. Some of the people report going to heaven, hell or the like. They would swear it was real. The best part? People of different religions/ethics reported their beliefs in afterlife. A Christian would see Heaven. A Hindu might see themselves reincarnated. See my point?
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 10 Jul 2013 14:14

We have a saying in german: Des Menschen Wille ist sein Himmelreich. " A persons will is his heaven" That in my opinion covers all religion. I would say ,each of us has his or her own view on an afterlife, It could be very ridged, while others like to have a more open mind. We have a lot of young people on our Forum, and a ridged view either way is the last thing we should offer them. In my long life I had a "yes but" attitude, (checking, and checking again, before accepting, or rejecting ) Also changing my view if new for me compelling ideas came my way. I am happy with my life, and dreaming plays a big part in it. On way or the other The afterlife holds no fear for me. I think often: Our planet is a tiny dot in the universe, and we are all a particle of the universe. ( My view) :)

Return to “Off-Topic”