LD: Met a DC that was an experienced lucid dreamer

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

LD: Met a DC that was an experienced lucid dreamer

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Jul 2013 12:27

Had a short but interesting lucid dream where I met a dream character who was an experienced lucid dreamer. We looked at out hands together at first, that's when I realized I was dreaming. He said, "yeah mine have 6 fingers at this point" So we started talking about how real the dream was and I started passing around different objects for us to feel. One was a broom and also a rake for leaves. We both ran our hands along the bristles of the broom and the rake to feel them and then we agreed again about how perfectly real they were and you really couldn't tell it was a dream. He said he had lots of lucid dreams. I said, "Congratulations, this is my first one with another lucid dreamer." Then he said that he had already had a lucid dream together with someone else. Although I don't think mutual dreams are possible, I wanted to ask him if it was a mutual lucid dream with someone he knew in waking life or it was this one where they just met in the dream, but I woke up.

All in all it was a great night for really vivid dreams with some strange plots. In one I drove a really fast sports car that was very realistic and fun. In another I was working on a movie which was supposed to be taking place on another planet (I thought it was supposed to be Jupiter although the planet really looked like Mars) Of course either one would have been impossible to walk around on like it was Earth. We kept doing all of these tests on the environment there. The soil was hard as rock and people were digging at it with hand tools in a huge trench where a train had derailed. The soil that was undisturbed was brown with a layer of this purple material on top of it but not completely covering it. I looked very closely at it. Really could see a lot of details and everything was very clear.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Re: LD: Met a DC that was an experienced lucid dreamer

Postby HAGART » 07 Jul 2013 22:05

I've met some people in dreams that knew it was a lucid dream and even got the feeling they were far more experienced than me.

But I never met one, and THEN became lucid afterward.

I don't know if they are actual lucid dreamers or not. Another possibility is this: If we can be lucid sometimes and non-lucid other times, why can't our dream characters sometimes have dream awareness too? For example: the non-responsive, zombie type DCs compared to the sentient ones. And if we create enormous detail in the objects in dreams, perhaps we are doing the same with the people in our dreams and we give them a full personality, with dream awareness which is basically a 'more detailed person'.

I'm on the fence about this, and am starting to believe in the possibility of shared dreaming. Or it could just be a very vivid person created the same way the vivid objects are.

Anyway, sounds like a fun night of dreams!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Jul 2013 05:37

HAGART wrote:I've met some people in dreams that knew it was a lucid dream and even got the feeling they were far more experienced than me.

But I never met one, and THEN became lucid afterward.

Do you mean you never met a DC in a dream and then became lucid? Or you never met a person in waking life and then became lucid with them? This is the same question I ended up with in the dream and was asking the dream character. In the dream everything seemed completely real like just like this waking life and we marveled together about it, the dream character and myself like we were old friends. I would say something like, "here try this" and hand him something and we would both run our hands along it and say "Yes, it's exactly the same" A lucid dream is experienced like waking life so I have to tell myself it's not, but then I want to believe my eyes and ears and touch more (dream senses). So we were both doing that together and talking about it. Of course we both know this a dream, but how can you tell?

HAGART wrote: I don't know if they are actual lucid dreamers or not. Another possibility is this: If we can be lucid sometimes and non-lucid other times, why can't our dream characters sometimes have dream awareness too? For example: the non-responsive, zombie type DCs compared to the sentient ones. And if we create enormous detail in the objects in dreams, perhaps we are doing the same with the people in our dreams and we give them a full personality, with dream awareness which is basically a 'more detailed person'.

Dream characters are really whatever we want them to be. Recently, I decided that I was tired of the typical zombie type DC, so I made an intention to have more interesting DCs with real lives and that's what I got. However.... My lucid dreams have been a little bit different too. They have been a little less awake, less in control, a little more fuzzy, but still very real. I don't quite know how to explain this, but I'll try. I think we can end up over-controlling these characters and make them into zombies because they come from a deeper place inside our consciousness and they are there to tell us something we need to hear and have been unable to otherwise. But they speak a different language of symbols and we don't have the words to put into their mouths because to do that, we have to be connected to where they come from. Hope this is making sense.

So in the LDs I have been experiencing lately, I have been more under the control of the dream, aware that it's a dream for sure, but not as fully awake as in others. But I'm also getting more out of the DCs too. It's hard but I'm trying to bring back to my waking life the things they are saying. Last night I had a non-lucid dream but I was kind of going in and out of being awake at the time so I woke up right after this really odd looking DC woman spoke. She had little holes on one side of face and raised a glass to give a toast. She said something really cryptic about some kind of friends have some kind of truths and other friends have a better truth. It sounded really interesting when I heard it, but then I was so frustrated that I couldn't remember all of it. So I conclude that DCs have a lot to offer us, but we can't try to control them if we want to experience who they are. [/quote]

HAGART wrote:I'm on the fence about this, and am starting to believe in the possibility of shared dreaming. Or it could just be a very vivid person created the same way the vivid objects are.

Anyway, sounds like a fun night of dreams!

I'm open to the idea and would be happy to have one, then I will believe for sure! :D
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 01:33

To clarify your first question: I meant, I haven't been with someone in a dream, then become lucid, AND have that person also know it is a dream. Usually, I am the only one who knows. And when I meet someone else who is lucid, it is only after I had already become so.

I have some knew ideas about dream characters.
I watched a very good interview on You Tube. It was Robert Waggoner on a show called Conscious TV.
He gets his insights not from dream characters, but talking to the dream itself.

It's like the dream characters are speaking from deep within our subconscious, but if you simply call out to the sky in your dream and ask a question, a voice may answer from your subconscious directly. It's like you cut out the middle man and get to the point. No need to talk to 'people' in dreams. Sometimes I want to conjure a specific person in a dream so I can ask a specific question. But there is no need is there? Just talk to ANYTHING in the dream. I think he called it, 'the dream awareness'. As if it is an entity without form.

I think all the DC's we meet in our dreams were all the same thing: Our subconscious dream awareness in human form. Or animal or plant. But they all behave similarly.

But then there are those occasional dream people that seem to have a full personality and feel like kindred spirits. Feels like we know them and perhaps they have always been with us and made up our personality all along. When you are by yourself, do yo feel alone? Maybe we all have multiple personalities and moods, and they are represented so clearly in a dream. But they are with us the whole time.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Jul 2013 03:01

HAGART wrote:To clarify your first question: I meant, I haven't been with someone in a dream, then become lucid, AND have that person also know it is a dream. Usually, I am the only one who knows. And when I meet someone else who is lucid, it is only after I had already become so.

I'm not really sure who became lucid first, seems to me that we discovered it pretty much at the same time.

HAGART wrote: I have some knew ideas about dream characters.
I watched a very good interview on You Tube. It was Robert Waggoner on a show called Conscious TV.
He gets his insights not from dream characters, but talking to the dream itself.

It's like the dream characters are speaking from deep within our subconscious, but if you simply call out to the sky in your dream and ask a question, a voice may answer from your subconscious directly. It's like you cut out the middle man and get to the point. No need to talk to 'people' in dreams. Sometimes I want to conjure a specific person in a dream so I can ask a specific question. But there is no need is there? Just talk to ANYTHING in the dream. I think he called it, 'the dream awareness'. As if it is an entity without form.

This is probably right, I think the DCs are really just an interface device to make it easier for us. We could bypass them I suppose, although I do like a direct human-like interface. It is more comfortable and it's kind of what we are used to. I have to say that I have gotten a lot more of just listening than asking questions. I'm not sure I really even know what to ask.

HAGART wrote: I think all the DC's we meet in our dreams were all the same thing: Our subconscious dream awareness in human form. Or animal or plant. But they all behave similarly.

But then there are those occasional dream people that seem to have a full personality and feel like kindred spirits. Feels like we know them and perhaps they have always been with us and made up our personality all along. When you are by yourself, do yo feel alone? Maybe we all have multiple personalities and moods, and they are represented so clearly in a dream. But they are with us the whole time.

I agree that they come from our subconscious, aspects of ourselves. I like the ones that have a real personality and seem to really be there to help and guide us. I remember one where the DC was like a guide and kind of chastised me, pointing out bluntly what I was doing wrong, but then gave me a big kiss right afterward. That was very nice.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 22:30

I had a really good talk with a dream character that was lucid in the dream with me just this morning.
I'll post it in the Share Your Lucid Dreams (actually that's the same section as this).

Check it out if you want. No need to write it twice.

But I met an experienced lucid dream character too, and I still don't know exactly where they come from.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Jul 2013 06:45

HAGART wrote: But I met an experienced lucid dream character too, and I still don't know exactly where they come from.

They come from a desire, an intention, a willingness. DCs happen because you make them happen. To me it's a good sign when you just create and intention and it happens: dreams and also sometimes in waking life.

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 14 Jul 2013 11:53

This is very interesting. I've never had that kind of experience in my lucid dreams. Sounds like You had a great night with many lucid adventures :D
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 15 Jul 2013 02:33

Dreams are so epic. Our brains are so epic. I mean, not even the worlds greatest computers can daily generate 5 complete worlds with people in it. Its crazy! Just take a minute and think about how amazing it is.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Jul 2013 23:37

DreamerMan99 wrote:I mean, not even the worlds greatest computers can daily generate 5 complete worlds with people in it.

I'm amazed by this too and even think along those lines WHILE the dream is happening. I can be in a dream in a city, then turn around in the dream and see a whole new angle/perspective of the city with people, cars and buildings instantly. There is no 'loading time', I think to myself in the dream. There is no computer capable of creating so much detail so quickly! I'm amazed too.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”