Lucid Dreaming and sleep walking!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamChaser

Lucid Dreaming and sleep walking!

Postby DreamChaser » 09 Jul 2013 10:44

I was wondering if anyone has had sleep walking problems while lucid dreaming?

It turns out that the past few times I have had a lucid dream, I have been sleep walking. The strange thing is that it only happens when I have a lucid dream, and not from normal dreams.

I've never had sleep walking problems before, however I realized that I've only just started sleep walking in lucid dreams now that I'm pregnant. Strange. :?
It's kind of cool being able to sleep walk because walking feels so much realistic!

My husband has also noticed that I talk out loud while I'm sleep walking. Has anyone else had sleep walking problems tied in with lucid dreaming? I way to stop it would be nice though, it gets tiring! :lol:
Reality Check time!

Teraku

Re: Lucid Dreaming and sleep walking!

Postby Teraku » 09 Jul 2013 20:07

I've had that happen only once, after trying a WILD.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 01:58

There have been times when I become lucid in bed, after all those strange vibrations and droning buzzing sounds that is so common. They all stop and I am there in bed and wonder what happened. Why didn't a dream start? I get up and walk around my house and although things look different, I feel like I am sleep walking. I use to try and leave a note for myself to read after I wake up to verify that I was indeed sleep walking.

But then I wake up and I am in bed and never moved an inch. There is no note. It completely felt like I was sleep walking.

In the end, for me, NO I haven't lucid slept walked before. But it felt like I was.
I'm curious to see how common it actually is.

If you are lucidly aware that you are sleep walking and you don't want to tire yourself out, I suppose you can simply go back to bed and just lay there in your dream state. Sounds boring, but maybe it doesn't have to be if you allow your imagination to flow.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamChaser

Postby DreamChaser » 10 Jul 2013 07:20

I don't think I can go back to bed physically because I use the DILD method, meaning that I'm already dreaming, so I'm not in my house in my dreams. And even if I did create my house, I wouldn't know where I was physically.

A few times my husband has managed to somehow lead me back to bed while I'm sleeping but the problem is that it's waking him up too. Not to mention that a few times I've nearly sleep walked down the stairs.

HAGART wrote:I'm curious to see how common it actually is.

Yeah it would be nice to know someone also sleep walks while lucid dreaming. I've never slept walked before so its really strange that its happening now.

Teraku wrote:I've had that happen only once, after trying a WILD.

Do you remember if you had problems with where you were going? Apparently I just walk right through the house like I know where everything is, but I wasn't in my house in my dream.
Reality Check time!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 22:09

Oh I see now. I thought you were lucid sleep walking, and could see your actual house, but perhaps with a few hallucinations thrown in. So it's not like that. You were in a completely different place in your lucid dream and don't realize you were sleep walking at the time, but only after you wake up.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 18 Jul 2013 07:10

Just had an interesting thought.
If you were sleepwalking while lucid, and you knew you were sleepwalking, could you make your body perform daily tasks, such as brushing your teeth, or even play piano while your dream body does it as well?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”