Magic: The Gathering anyone?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LCDAnthony

Magic: The Gathering anyone?

Postby LCDAnthony » 08 Jul 2013 03:42

Anyone here play some Magic: The Gathering? If so what's you're favorite colors to run? Favorite card? Favorite artifact? Favorite Planeswalker? Go on! :D

I usually play white/blue/black decks. Favorite card... shit. Got no clue, so many haha. Same with artifacts. Ajani.. I'm fairly new thie game so I'm not quite aware of all the many choices haha

Guitar48300

Re: Magic: The Gathering anyone?

Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Jul 2013 04:31

I've heard lots about it from a friend. I also saw people playing it back when I went to Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments. But I never really got into it
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 08 Jul 2013 04:40

My brother spent more time in college playing magic then anyone else. He had over 10 decks, he played all colors, he was really good. So he taught me to play.....

It was hard at first, magic is so complicated, espicially compared to yu gi on which is what I played before that.
He bought me a deck, and I lost it, I don't even remember the colors.

But then he bought my second deck, which I remember! It was phantoms I believe? They weren't like normal cards, they came into play with counters. They where cool, they fit me. I enjoyed playing phantoms haha

But I havnt played in years, I wouldn't even remember all the rules now haha. The game is so complicated! But fun.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Jul 2013 05:28

Only cards I played with were Pokemon cards, which I hoarded and showed off to my friends until around 9 xD

Ive heard of it before, but Im a nerd and if I were to play I'd probably get addicted (addictive and habitual personality here) and never leave my house lol.

Only thing like gamewise I play now is occasionally BL2 and every once in a while minecraft ( 2 kick ass games )

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 08 Jul 2013 15:39

LucidLink wrote:My brother spent more time in college playing magic then anyone else. He had over 10 decks, he played all colors, he was really good. So he taught me to play.....

It was hard at first, magic is so complicated, espicially compared to yu gi on which is what I played before that.
He bought me a deck, and I lost it, I don't even remember the colors.

But then he bought my second deck, which I remember! It was phantoms I believe? They weren't like normal cards, they came into play with counters. They where cool, they fit me. I enjoyed playing phantoms haha

But I havnt played in years, I wouldn't even remember all the rules now haha. The game is so complicated! But fun.

Awesome! Phantoms are pretty sweet. Yeah the game is way complicated. There's so many things you can do and cast and there's cards that break rules. So many combination of card colors to use and such. And so many words and you gotta get to know so you know what everyone is saying! haha

DreamerMan99 wrote:Only cards I played with were Pokemon cards, which I hoarded and showed off to my friends until around 9 xD

Ive heard of it before, but Im a nerd and if I were to play I'd probably get addicted (addictive and habitual personality here) and never leave my house lol.

Only thing like gamewise I play now is occasionally BL2 and every once in a while minecraft ( 2 kick ass games )

Pokémon is awesome too! I still have a ton of my cards as well.
Yeah MTG is very addictive haha

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jul 2013 22:01

I have a color scanner and printer.
So I was able to scan some rare cards to make some killer decks! (I put them in a plastic sleeve with a real magic card behind it to give it rigidity and so they look the same as the others).

For me, building the decks was more fun than actually playing them.

I made a really good SPIKE deck. They are green creatures with +1/+1 counters on them that can be removed, shared and allow special abilities. It is extremely versatile which is what makes a killer magic deck. Alas, my brothers don't want to play...

But they are still in the basement (a few thousand cards) and it is a fun game at any age!

(Actually the best deck is the COUNTER ALL SPELLS DECK. Then just get one of those guys that can do 1 damage to your opponent by taping it and widdle them down without letting them cast a single spell. But it's too annoying and nobody would want to play against that one!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 11 Jul 2013 03:37

You actually print your cards?? I thought that was illegal (Game rule wise)! :lol:

That's awesome though! I use Black and white. I'm still quite new and I'm still learning how to make great decks. I'm working on watching my mana curve. So far it hasn't failed me! I love my deck I'm using at the moment.

And do you know what kind of cards you have in the basement??? When I hear someone having some decks that are stowed away.. I always think of alpha cards haha

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jul 2013 04:30

Yea, we got some rare cards in our basement. Me and my brothers started buying them back in 1995 when it first started, and then combined them all together later in life after we 'grew up'. My younger brother who took it more seriously, has a binder with the 'Do not touch cards".

But later in life, you realize, it's just a game. Scan those rare ones so they don't get worn, and just have fun with it. There are tournament rules for a reason. Some older cards are banned because they are too good. "Demonic Tutor" Black card is simply the best. One black and one colorless and you pick any card from your deck to put in your hand.

At home with family, anything goes. You can make your own rules!

The best thing about that game though.... THE ART WORK. I can flip through cards and appreciate the art. My favorite: The original 'Terror' card. (black).

I'm not a nerd about this though. It's actually a 'cool' game. 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 12 Jul 2013 05:54

Black is my favorite mana color. I wish I started in 1995, but... I was born in 97' and on top of that I learned about this game not to long ago. DANG! The old cards are awesome. I wanna get some when I get my own money.

One of my favorite card would have to be Murder. It's just funny to see my friends be like, "Did.. did you really just do that?" but it's still not my favorite.

Return to “Off-Topic”