How can you increase clarity of a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tyrone3

How can you increase clarity of a lucid dream?

Postby tyrone3 » 12 Jul 2013 06:56

When your in the middle of a lucid dream is there a way to get it more lucid? I was told if you yell out "clarity now" it gradually increases in clarity and consciousness although the trouble I find is I usually am not conscious enough in a lucid dream to begin with to shout these words. Usually my lucid dreams are something like 20% consciousness which is not high at all and not high enough to be conscious enough to try and gain more consciousness or clearness.

So does anyone who has more conscious lucid dreams try the shouting out technique: "clarity now?" does it work? I trying to see if it even works. Thx.

Highlander

Re: How can you increase clarity of a lucid dream?

Postby Highlander » 12 Jul 2013 22:53

I tried that but it did not work for me. If i want my dream to be more clear, i focus on my hands or on an object on my dream. This works for me.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jul 2013 23:05

I tried yelling clarity now too, but it didn't work for me either.

I've tried saying my name (to remind myself of who I am) and then remind myself that I have a body too. Then I rub my hand on my chest. That kinda works.

Finding something to touch and pick up and examine with all your senses tends to work well too. Don't just look at it. Go ahead and lick it to see what it tastes like. Smell it too. Take a moment to listen and see if you hear anything. But don't get too mezmerized by one thing, and remember to look around, or you may get too focused and mentally wrapped up in one thing and loose lucidity.

Simply put: More senses, more vividness. (Easier said than done, and I too have problems sometimes.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 14 Jul 2013 18:19

Try sometime walking up to the nearest object. Inspect it thoroughly. First look at it closely, then touch it and look for a certain feel on your fingertips. Does it seem accurate for the type of surface/texture it is? I do this often, and sometimes that reality has been so convincing I wasn't sure anymore which was the dream. This helps keep me in that reality and brings things into focus better.

May help for someone else too.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”