3D blackness not possible in lit room

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

3D blackness not possible in lit room

Postby ryan2333 » 22 Jun 2013 17:32

I have yet to experience the 3D blackness in a room with lights on or when the sun is shining through the window. Nor am I able to experience the non-3D blackness that is supposed to lead into the 3D blackness. All I see before my closed eyes in a sunlit room is the back of my eyelids made pink by the sunlight shining through.

Doe any one else have this problem?

Re: 3D blackness not possible in lit room

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Jul 2013 07:04

Sometimes it isn't a problem for me. Try to work with it. idk
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Re: 3D blackness not possible in lit room

Postby Ryan » 27 Jul 2013 04:29

3D "blackness" doesn't LITERALLY mean "blackness".

It just means... "empty space".

Does that help?

Here's a quick exercise you can do to show the effect...
Stand in front of a mirror and pick a spot on your face and just stare at it. Try to not blink or move your eyes from that spot. What are you looking for? Well, as you stare at the unchanging visual, you'll begin to see irregularities happen. Things will appear and disappear... things will move and bend...

THIS effect is the what the 3D blackness is. Basically, when you view an unchanging scene, your mind will begin to slowly shut off your visual perception. That's the very event which you're watching when you do this... this is part of the reason why we blink, it "resets" the scene we're looking at. When we "enter" the "3D blackness", all that means is that our visual sensory input has been reduced to near zero.

At that point, we've visually removed ourselves from "seeing" this physical reality and you're now "seeing" a different non-reality reality. You're seeing the lack of visuals. It's kind of the same as the sound you hear when there's no sound to hear... you're ALWAYS hearing something. Well, you're also always SEEING something. That's what you see when there's nothing to see... 3D Blackness. It's calming and serene.

It's really a different state of consciousness. It's a state of consciousness you can use to project from.
For more information, please visit my website
Or join my forums!

Return to “For Beginners”