Seriously Scared

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ozcrash

Seriously Scared

Postby Ozcrash » 12 Jul 2013 03:21

Had the worst lucid dream experience 10 minutes ago. Can't sleep back now.
It was beyond a nightmare.

Rebecca, I, and an unrecognizable friend were in a dark garage. There were 4 cars and 4 Hawaii girls near them. Rebecca took items from under of cars one by one. It was first a pepper, then glasses, then a magic wand, and then a dead mouse. Then she said she's going to replace these with a chopstick, a magic wand, a chopstick, and a chopstick. She said when you realize this order has changed, you'll lucid dream. Then boom... My brain realized it was a dream.

My hands shook very rapidly. My head felt like exploding. And I started hearing loud "beep beep" sounds in my ears. This now is more of a description of those scary sleep paralysis, isn't it? I don't know what happened. I got just so scared that I somehow woke myself up. Not even sure how I did that.

Now I'm fully aware "It's dream, nothing can happen." and all that. The thing is I'm a beginner. Had my last lucid dream like 10 months ago. It wasn't like this one though, it was very usual. My brain couldn't take it this time when I did it by purpose.

I have no one to share this with near me and it's bugging me very much. I can't go back to sleep, because I'm actually scared of going lucid again. Can you also believe I did in just 2 days of trying?

I don't know what to expect in the comments, but somebody please say something. xD I had a nightmare about lucidity! And I'm 18, but I don't remember being this scared of a real nightmare!

LucidLink

Re: Seriously Scared

Postby LucidLink » 12 Jul 2013 05:02

Your overreacting, what your experiencing is perfectly normal.
Lucid dreaming leads to many very strange and very powerful sensation. Trains buzzing I. Your head. Folding within yourself. Bright lights. The list goes on, what's important to remember is fear is not real. You are only afraid of the unknown. You must conquer this fear, and embrace the sensations.

It's perfectly safe my friend :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Ozcrash

Postby Ozcrash » 12 Jul 2013 10:10

Thank you much, I will try better the next time. ^^

How I got into the lucid state is very interesting to me by the way. On some article here I read Rebecca had once gone lucid when she was tutoring a class about it and somebody came asked her to try it. The kind of same happened to me. The sudden realization of the dream reality when you're asked to lucid dream in a dream is very amazing. :D

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 13 Jul 2013 07:35

> My hands shook very rapidly. My head felt like exploding. And I started hearing loud "beep beep" sounds in my ears. This now is more of a description of those scary sleep paralysis, isn't it?

Definitely, although you seem to have got the whole package man :P

Usually, it's not as intense, at least for me. Oh and, a tip. When I start feeling all those bursts of random buzzes (that's how I call them), I just wait. When I'm in a dream, it might disrupt the dream, but it will come back eventually. What it does sometimes is

Dream -> realize I'm dreaming -> buzzes -> blackness -> dream warps back into motion.

Have no fear, don't panic, because panicking means waking up. Stay calm, and wait.

It can also feel strangely... cool, to wait in total blackness, emptiness. I like it. :)

It doesn't happen often though, the buzzes. It's one dream out of many, usually.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jul 2013 22:30

I still remember many strange nights/mornings with similar experiences. And although it's easy to say, "it's nothing to worry about", I can still remember how I felt after experiencing my own lucid nightmares and sleep paralysis over a year ago. I had to sleep with a night light on!

But you get use to it with time. Even back in February I had a short sleep paralysis episode, and felt like invisible hands were touching me, and the bed sheets had a life of their own and were compressing me. I relaxed, knowing it was all in my head and when it ended and I was able to get up, it led to an amazing lucid dream. When I woke up and tried to remember it I thought to myself... "How did that amazing dream start again? OH YEA!" A shiver ran down my spine and it was 4:00 a.m., and I couldn't go back to sleep!

It's worth it though. And the fear goes away with more experience in my opinion.
I still get weird sensations like that, but they are exciting knowing it will lead to a lucid dream, and the fear goes away whenever things are common and no longer unknown.

Consider it lucid dream training.....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 15 Jul 2013 02:42

I know the feeling and i love it. I have it every time i enter a lucid dream. Its like time warping at hyperspeed and everything is loud and colors are amazing and... Wow. Its hard to explain. Appriciate this man i think its really cool.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”