Your Dream Memories?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SarahDank

Your Dream Memories?

Postby SarahDank » 10 Jul 2013 14:10

Ok, so I need to ask if anyone else experiences this.. almost surreal dream memory the way I do.

This would be more so directed at people with a very high dream recall.

Do you ever have a dream, and in the dream you remember something from a different day?
THE CATCH:
The different day I'm talking about is a different DREAM.

(this is kind of hard to explain)

Eg:

I'll be in a dream.. Lucid or non lucid. And remember an event or place or anything like that from a dream that i had days or weeks ago.
So.. it's like.. my brain almost switches from reality to dream world where..when I remember something it will be only dreams.

Ok, I hope this is understandable!! :shock:

DAZ_XT950

Re: Your Dream Memories?

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 10 Jul 2013 19:59

I have experienced this numerous times. Personally, I think it is quite cool because sometimes I'm remembering things from a dream I had earlier that same night and sometimes I'm remembering dreams from months or even years ago that I have completely forgot about. I've always assumed that this happened to a lot of people if not everybody.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 11 Jul 2013 13:43

Ah, yes. I'm quite familiar with that.

I'm pretty sure that if you remember something in a dream, those memories are fabricated. Once you're awake, they might SEEM like you actually remembered a previous dream.

But I dug deeper, and realized that it was simply a fabrication, and that I never had a dream like that.

Ozcrash

Postby Ozcrash » 12 Jul 2013 10:37

Does having a continous dream count? Like parts of a movie. I often have the next chapter of dream as a new dream.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 13 Jul 2013 13:39

Daz - Yeah that's exactly what im talking about. awesome to know!

Teraku - I actually realize when I'm IN the dream itself. For some reason it does not always lead to a Lucid dream.. even though I know im dreaming for that small amount of time (less than a minute)

Ozcrash - I've never been able to *make* that happen. Is this at your own will or it just happens? That's pretty cool.

Ozcrash

Postby Ozcrash » 13 Jul 2013 17:41

No I wasn't talking about any lucid dreams I've had, that's my normal dreams. :)
I actually love it very much because I love to write stories inspired by my dreams.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 14 Jul 2013 18:33

I brought this up in another forum a couple months ago because it happened to me. I've experienced this at least a half dozen times. It was like a continuation from a dream I'd had years ago. And I'm not even sure I recalled that dream when I woke up that day. But here in installment #2, it was such a fresh memory, as if it were just yesterday.

There's a different type of dream memories too. Anyone else ever get these?... I won't call them "false memories", because I don't like to be too judgmental as to what's real and what's not. But your dream self has memories that to your knowledge you've never acquired before via awaken state or in dreams. But they're just in there, planted. Like you're a walk-in for a host. This variety happens to me more often than the other.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 24 Jul 2013 15:09

Yes Esper, i get these all the time.
Sometimes I need to think for a second if things have actually happened to me or if they where just dreams. (I dream every night without fail, and they are always vivid)
The brain is an amazingly crazy thing.

Lys

Postby Lys » 08 Aug 2013 13:49

Even though I'm really bad at understanding I'm dreaming, I have experiented it. Like you are a person from a book, even before the book has begun, the character has memories. It's really strange. How is such a thing even possible?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”