Prediction dreams? Question about them...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ilovetodream

Prediction dreams? Question about them...

Postby ilovetodream » 16 Jul 2013 14:55

I had a dream journal from the 90s of things I wrote about that came true. I was actually going through a box . One I had in the early 90s about a half day that was going to happen in two days. And when the day came, everything from my dream, from the conversations, to the game, to the clothes people wore happened.

I had had many since then and they have come true. My question is can we have dreams that predict the future? If so what does that mean?

I had another one last night ... one of those 'real' dreams last night.. I also feel like it is a sign dream since it is the second one within seven days.

LucidLink

Re: Prediction dreams? Question about them...

Postby LucidLink » 16 Jul 2013 20:43

Of course we can! You are proof of the answer to your own question my friend! ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 16 Jul 2013 21:52

Yes, your dream (prediction or not) can come truth.

I have dream of a motobike and one day i was riding a motobike like in my dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 02 Aug 2013 19:57

ilovetodream wrote:I had a dream journal from the 90s of things I wrote about that came true. I was actually going through a box . One I had in the early 90s about a half day that was going to happen in two days. And when the day came, everything from my dream, from the conversations, to the game, to the clothes people wore happened.

I had had many since then and they have come true. My question is can we have dreams that predict the future? If so what does that mean?

I had another one last night ... one of those 'real' dreams last night.. I also feel like it is a sign dream since it is the second one within seven days.

Robert Waggoner said that they are merely clever predictions from your brain concluding from events.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 08 Aug 2013 17:55

it is an amazing feeling. How can dreams possibly predict exact dates and conversations and reactions? It sure is amazing and it happened to me 2 years ago.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 09 Aug 2013 01:23

Premonition dreams are pretty sad. The worse ones are the cryptic ones. I had a bit of a theory that the more cryptic prediction dreams are purposely designed that way so no one could figure it out long enough to be able to change the future.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 01:51

Sterre Duiker wrote:Robert Waggoner said that they are merely clever predictions from your brain concluding from events.

It has to be more then that. I once dreamed of a place I'd never in my life heard about (it was more like a AP actually so I dont know if it was an AP or a dream), the name of the tiny town was given to me in the dream (it wasnt even an English name but an aborginal named town) by a DC of a real life store owner I knew, he was talking about that town and talking about a flood which had just happened there. While this was going on, I saw images of this flood.

A few days later I saw the same images on the news, a town with exactly the same name as I'd heard in my dream had just flooded (there was no flood at all when I had got this dream, that happened 3 days later). anyway, there is no way that my brain could of concluded this from events. I never even had heard of that town before my dream. The images Id seen in my dream while the DC was talking to me about the event, turned out to be the same images I'd actually see days later on the TV (it was like I must of RVed into that reporter who saw and filmed the event).

Ive had this kind of thing so far happen with 2 floods and 1 fire (the little girl DC I'd tried to save but was unsuccessful in my dream (I tried taking her to different rooms in the building etc I just couldnt get her away with her from those flames, she died in the real fire days later) :( .. they always happen a few days later (all those happened in my own country so Im far more intune with what may happen here then with disasters elsewhere). Thou I didnt dream it but I also picked up the great tsumani disaster too (that's the only overseas thing Ive picked up on in. I saved a persons life due to that pick up, he didnt go to where he would of been swept away due to my warning, fortunately he trusted me enough to change his travel plans) and also of a rail disaster which killed 6-7 which I ended up being in. (no way could I have worked that out from events.. rail disasters are extremely uncommon, these last two things werent picked up via dreams but just an inner knowing thing which went on just before the event. I even changed my travel plans while trying to avoid the disaster I knew would befall on me while travelling to the other state). Anyway, the other incidences except the last two were picked up by dreams or by APs.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 02:12

ilovetodream wrote: I had had many since then and they have come true. My question is can we have dreams that predict the future? If so what does that mean?

im not sure exactly what you want to know when you ask "what does that mean".

Are you asking if these dreams are supposed to be used to prevent something from happening? Well I know that isnt always the case, some of the things we see in advance in dreams are supposed to happen and there is no way we can prevent them, while with others I know from some experience with this stuff, the dream warning of the coming event can be used to save a life.

What does that mean? It must mean that there is either no such thing as time really, eg the future has already happened and hence we are able to pick up on it (quatam physics stuff maybe) or that we do carry universal knowledge and are able to link into this to get prophecy at times.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”