Good beginning strategy

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
zebrafriek1

Good beginning strategy

Postby zebrafriek1 » 11 Dec 2011 18:03

I have recently begun my journey to lucid dreaming and rather than focus on the end goal of lucid dreaming, I will first get my dream recall exceptional. I have a dream journal and try to meditate any chance i get. Does this sound good for a beginner?

zebrafriek1

Re: Good beginning strategy

Postby zebrafriek1 » 11 Dec 2011 18:12

Oh and I am also doing reality checks like 10 times a day because if I do have a vivid dream, I would like it to turn lucid.

R99

Postby R99 » 11 Dec 2011 18:48

thats the spirit, thats what a beginner need, and u r on a right path good luck. :)
I see the Truth now.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 11 Dec 2011 22:45

That's what I needd to do.! Beginners unite.! You shouldd pm me if you ever have one. :D
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 12 Dec 2011 05:12

Great start. I would add lucid dream incubation to your list. When you meditate or fall asleep at night, vividly imagine what you will do in your next lucid dream and find a mantra like "The next time I'm dreaming, I'll realize I'm dreaming". Good luck. 8-)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2011 18:53

Your ability to recognise when you're in a dream is one of the keys. I had to stop believing I could tell the difference between waking life and dreams before I could have them. Always believe that you could dreaming at any time. My advice is to do reality checks a lot, especially when something strange happens or things keep malfunctioning, or when you are in a situation that is common in your dreams. Think about the common scenes in your dreams if you have them. For me, I'm often driving vehicles in dreams and since I don't do that all day in waking life, every time I'm driving I ask myself "Is this a dream?" I managed to do this a few nights ago when driving a large truck in a dream and the answer was "yes, oh my god it IS a dream!" Then it's like you just woke up, only you are in another world! But for me, just asking the question during a dream helped. Lucid dreams are so real it's incredible, like being transported to another planet. In my first lucid dream I spent most of the time stamping my feet on the ground feeling it on my feet in almost total disbelief, running around in an actual physical world telling everyone that I was dreaming. Good luck and keep working on it, it's really worth the effort!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 12 Dec 2011 22:26

Let's say I do have good dream recall, do reality checks often, and incubate my dreams, Is it likely that in two weeks I might have my first lucid dream.

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 13 Dec 2011 20:57

Thanks everyone for the Information and the good luck wishes.

Return to “For Beginners”