Please help.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jackson

Please help.

Postby Jackson » 04 Jul 2013 03:17

Hello. My name is Jackson, I am 11 years of age and I am utterly enthralled with dreams, both lucid and non-lucid. Last summer I took a look at your website (kudos to you on that) and I got started with the techniques listed. Now, a year later I am aware that I am dreaming every other night. I have tried all the dream control techniques you mentioned on your website to no avail. When I realize I am dreaming, nothing changes in the dream, and my reality checks always fail. I have terrible vision (my prescription is about 20:350) and in my dreams it is even worse, and I can hardly see. I would like to have vivid dreams, and control them, but I consistently feel incapable. In order to achieve this, I have even attempted to contact the "awareness behind the dream" with little success. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Je-Je

Re: Please help.

Postby Je-Je » 04 Jul 2013 09:55

Out of body is more vivid, than take conscious in the dream. You are full conscious when you enter directly a dream, and can make whatever you want.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 17 Jul 2013 21:35

Wow! Hello jackson! :) I am very impressed that you've started reading about this so young! I just want to say, welcome!:) I have not yet had a lucid dream, been practicing for almost a year, so I can't give you much advice. But keep us updated on your quest of lucidity!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 19 Jul 2013 15:42

luciddreamer49 wrote:Wow! Hello jackson! :) I am very impressed that you've started reading about this so young! I just want to say, welcome!:) I have not yet had a lucid dream, been practicing for almost a year, so I can't give you much advice. But keep us updated on your quest of lucidity!

Thanks! I just had my 2nd lucid dream in a row. So far, I have been having a lot more success with LDing than I have in the past. I still am in need of a great deal more practice. But albeit I still am having trouble, I am getting better :D

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 19 Jul 2013 15:53

Wow!!:) what techniques do you use??

Mrayoba12

Postby Mrayoba12 » 19 Jul 2013 16:33

Your 11? With that vocabulary!? Lol well Iv just had two lucid dreams in one night, I did not use any techniques and I am a bigginer(less that 3 weeks practice) but I do believe I have a theory of how I became lucid ( you can find my post in the dream techniques section titled Lucid dreaming theory Please help test) maybe youI can replicate the results.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 20 Jul 2013 02:02

luciddreamer49 wrote:Wow!!:) what techniques do you use??

I actually tend not to implement any techniques listed in Rebecca's "World of Lucid Dreaming" website. The only things I do are; lots of reality checks, the idea listed in the "52 ways to increase your chances of lucid dreaming" (or something similar) in which you think as you fall asleep "100...I'm dreaming,99...I'm dreaming, 98...I'm dreaming... and so on and so forth. And when the caprice takes me, I'll ingest some tryphotan (?) rich foods, in essence cheese and almonds. Yet despite all these methods I utilize to become lucid, the pre-eminent reason I become lucid is by dint of my extensive reading and thinking on the matter.
Sometimes during the day I will just say over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again "I'm dreaming", whilst really considering it. I'm trying make this become an automatic thought- a thought that repeats itself over and over again in your head, with or without your volition. Perhaps this thought shall spontaneously occur whilst dreaming in a non-lucid dream, leading to a lucid dream.

I suggest to you to try and use these methods along with meditation and self-hypnosis, both of which I have done routinely but don't do now.

I actually have just recently had an insightful thought. Perhaps in your first lucid dream, your intent shall be 1-to obtain as high level of lucidity as possible, then 2- attempt to "create" (for lack of a better term, as you don't really create DC (or at least the DC I'm talking about); perhaps "summon" would be more fitting) a DC representative of your sub conscious- ask the dream (just say aloud, perhaps at the sky, If that helps) to "send forth a subconscious representative of myself!" 3-When (or if) a DC appears, ask it a favor, after learning with some conviction that this is your subconscious. This favor shall be," 2 in 3 times ( or however frequently you wish) the I am dreaming, could you tell me that I am dreaming?"

Now, I don't know how well this will work, but it's worth a try! Good luck!

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 21 Jul 2013 16:25

Wow!!! This is all so helpful! I'm gonna do this!:) about how many reality checks do you do a day? And the thing you said about asking the DC, that is a great idea.:D

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 24 Jul 2013 16:39

luciddreamer49 wrote:Wow!!! This is all so helpful! I'm gonna do this!:) about how many reality checks do you do a day? And the thing you said about asking the DC, that is a great idea.:D

For reality checks I always do one when I am running, sometimes while I'm running sometimes after, because this is a frequently reoccurring dream sign for me. ( I run a lot while awake- every day). Because of this, my number varies, although it is usually around 15 or 20. :lol:

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 24 Jul 2013 18:25

For an 11 year old you are a Wunderkind :)

Return to “For Beginners”