Revisiting old dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
rflick

Revisiting old dreams

Postby rflick » 18 Jul 2013 02:05

Hello everyone. I have just stumbled upon this website while researching dreams and have never heard of the term Lucid dreaming. It’s great to find information on what I have been doing in my dreams since I was a little girl. Firstly, I was researching something else I have been noticing in my dreams, where I am revising a dream I have had up to 10 years ago, and I am hoping I can find other people who do it too.
I dream often and while dreaming I am aware I am dreaming. This usually happens at the beginning of a dream or can happen during the dream. I can be a by standing, watching my dream happen and trying to yell things, or I am myself.
For the past 6 years I have been revising dreams I have dreamt before but the place is different and I am older. For example the other night I dreamt I was with a guy jumping over house fences and came to his house. In the backyard there were Sir Lankan women grinding flour. I went up to them and said “Hello, My great grandmother is from Sri Lanka.” And the lady said “I know, you have told me this before” It was at that moment I realised I was dreaming, and that I had that dream before and met these women and said the same thing to them!
Another example is when I dreamt I had lost my dog at my friend’s house. I revisited this dream four years later, but the house was vacant. I climbed the stairs to the top floor and as I walked along the hallways I realise I was dreaming, and I couldn’t understand what happened to the house or my friends. The place was dusty, bright with light and the curtains were blowing in the wind. I got such an eerie feeling and I can think of this hallway often and get that feeling again.
I would revisit dreams on a monthly basis and in most of my dreaming I am aware I am dreaming. If anyone has the same type of dream, or know if it means something please reply. None of my family understand and they think it over thinking things :/

HAGART

Re: Revisiting old dreams

Postby HAGART » 19 Jul 2013 02:51

I too have no close family to discuss my dreams with. It is frustrating that they don't care. But I am here and I care.

However I must say that I haven't become lucid in the same reoccurring dream before. That is just me.

I am always fascinated by the variety of dreams and how they never duplicate themselves, at least for me, but I can tell you this: I am a dreamer and you found the right place to talk. There are many other dreamers, constantly curious and this is a good forum for us.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

rflick

Postby rflick » 19 Jul 2013 06:14

Thank you :) Its great to know there are other people out there who lucid dream.

I have been thinking about my dreams a lot in the past few weeks and wondered what it meant. I even considered getting a reading done but apparently it doesn't work like that. I use to think "Its nothing, it means nothing, dreams is when your mind rethinks everything that happened during the day" But the more I dream and revisit old dreams the more I think maybe there is a reason?

These lucid dreams I have are from places I have never been to and with people I have never met. I have just started a dreaming book but so far I only lucid dream when I revisit old dreams.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jul 2013 01:59

Dreams are fascinating even if they make no apparent sense.
Never forget that and enjoy them in all their many faceted forms.

To know your dreams, is to know your self. There is no answer but it's a fun ride and you can spend your whole life doing it, but it was never a waste of time!

Anyway, there are people like us who enjoy dreams and never grow tired of it! Feel free to talk anytime!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”