This is a technology I would use every time I sleep.

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Jacob46719

This is a technology I would use every time I sleep.

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Jul 2013 07:29

Something that, at least partially, would literally record my dream through what visuals I see in some way, even if it was false color or pixelized.

Is there an affordable technology that has been developed and tested to at least partially do this?
Or is it too expensive/not developed enough/not developed at all?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

DreamerMan99

Re: This is a technology I would use every time I sleep.

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 Jul 2013 18:45

No, there isnt anything like that. Just draw the picture lol.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 13 Jul 2013 20:54

Scientists are working on it. I saw this on an episode of Through The Wormhole. But, for the moment, there's only this machine for testing. There's nothing for the general public.

Watch the bit here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6EF0AjPzOw
Last edited by Highlander on 14 Jul 2013 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jul 2013 00:47

Highlander wrote:I saw this on an episode of Through The Wormhole

I was just going to say that I saw it on TV, but forget which show. THAT was the show! The episode was about the 'sense of self identity', and what is self awareness? It was episode: "What makes us who we are?" I still have it recorded on my PVR. It's something I have questioned and tried to discuss with others and I couldn't help, but bring up the 'dream-self' and the fact that I lucid dreams. (Always a conversation stopper!) The show focused on dreams too and perhaps our true selves are who we are in dreams. The show said, "What if we could see our dreams and study them?"

We lucid dreamers take it for granted! I forget sometimes that many people don't do that and wish they could.

But anyway, in Japan there are people working on it. They showed simple images like a line or a 'addition sign' to people as a machine scanned their brain. The machine knew the symbols and read the brain to see the correlation. Then they tried showing brand new simple images like letters and the machine, after learning the correlation from the previous tests was able to display a rough, black and white, pixelated image of the letters. It's crude and in it's infancy, but shows that recording a mind's thoughts, and even a sleeping mind is possible. (EDIT: I just realized Highlander conveniently posted a link to the exact point in that show. I summed it up, but watch the real deal, and it is only a few minutes long.)

That would make dream journaling way easier and more truthful. Because even I, myself wonder if I ever wrote it down correctly without my own bias.

But with all technology, before anybody gets too excited, you always have to think to yourself. Can it be used for evil? Can it be used for mind control? (if you reverse the process....) Just saying. I'm happy without it and always be careful what you wish for. (Why do I always have to be such a dark pessimist?... or am I a realist?)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Mrayoba12

Postby Mrayoba12 » 19 Jul 2013 18:56

I think you are being more realistic. Just imagine if some one could alter your dreams with a machine, they could take over your dream and if that post you wrote about logic and illogic dreaming is true HAGART that machine could change our mindset to think illogically in the real world. What kind of power yells you have with that machine?, you could make people think they are dreaming in the real world...just think of the mayhem when they enemy's of the US try to fly cause they think it's a dream.....Ohk I think I'm the one that's paranoid now.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jul 2013 02:30

The difference between dreams and logic is such a slippery slope.
Tread with caution.

I'll bring it up again: Paprika was an excellent movie and it touched on that and I still reference it sometimes and I feel people don't fully understand me until they watch it! In the movie there is a device that records dreams, but it fell in the wrong hands and starts being used to influence minds. It's a strange, psychological movie.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James

Postby James » 27 Aug 2013 11:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zh-bS5SDpw

Found this interesting..
Was it worth it?

Juslisne

Postby Juslisne » 27 Aug 2013 12:16

James wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zh-bS5SDpw

Found this interesting..

What is it?

Return to “Dream Science”