Lucid dream theory Please help test

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Mrayoba12

Lucid dream theory Please help test

Postby Mrayoba12 » 19 Jul 2013 15:55

I think I have found something about lucid dreaming that could make you lucid dream when ever you want. Keep in mind this is just a theory but I have tried it once and it did work. If you'd like to try it out and confirm it please do, here is what happend to me.two nights ago I woke up from a dream then closed my eyes and thought of lucid dreaming e.g I will lucid dream I will lucid dream then I fell asleep and was able to control two different lucid dreams ( you can read about it in the Bigginers section Two lucid dreams,and I'm a bigginer.) so this is how the theory goes. If you wake up from a dream you will be able to control the next one if you think about it and close your eyes. Maybe it's because after you wake up you are more likely to fall asleep and go into REM emidetly. I have only did this once and the strange thing is, is you have to wake up from a dream other wize it won't work. I have tried setting my alarm and when I woke up I went to sleep and thought of lucid dreaming and it did not work. Can some one help me test this theory. P.S you do NOT have to use any techniques for this theory don't use MILD or WILD just go to sleep and hopefully if you get your alarm timing right wake up from a dream early in the morning and test this out.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

luciddreamer49

Re: Lucid dream theory Please help test

Postby luciddreamer49 » 19 Jul 2013 16:08

This sounds great!:D I would love to help you test this!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Jul 2013 21:41

Sounds like you've stumbled across DEILD! Here's a link for more information: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-exit-induced-lucid-dreams.html
Dreaming is my drug

Mrayoba12

Postby Mrayoba12 » 20 Jul 2013 11:26

Oh really? Lol well I'm new to this, didn't know my theory was already being used. Oh well back to the lucid dreaming board.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jul 2013 07:38

Yes this is a proven method for inducing lucid dreams and a good one too. I have done this a few times and went straight from being awake to lucid dreaming in a matter of seconds with no loss of awareness. To me that's pretty much the ultimate way to lucid dream. I wish I could do it more often.

Just to clarify, lucid dreaming is not controlling the dream but being aware that you are dreaming.

Not being a nit-picker, this is an important distinction and a source of confusion, especially for people new to lucid dreaming.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”