Question .....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
thomas

Question .....

Postby thomas » 12 Dec 2011 21:43

Ive been having lots of VERY vivid, colorful, and intense non-lucid dreams for the past few nights. Really interesting. I wake up and say "Wow!" I don't take supplements, haven't changed my sleep habits, no unusual stress in my life etc. This has not happened before that I remember. Just coincidence or maybe (hopefully) I'm getting closer to having another lucid dream?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks -

Thomas

TaoTeRazz

Re: Question .....

Postby TaoTeRazz » 15 Dec 2011 15:14

Hey Thomas,

Yeah, it's really difficult to say. Changes within Mind can be so subtle. I remember there were times where, my recall seemed to ebb and flow as well. In my book there's no such thing as coincidence. Something, unique to you is happening. Enjoy it and ride the wave.

To get to your next lucid dream experience, might I also suggest removing the idea or expression, "(hopefully)" from your mind - it acknowledges the possibility of failure. Truly, you make the determination whether you're going to become lucid or not, not chance or luck or anything like that. Intend it to be so and it will.

Remember the wise words of Master Yoda, when Luke said he, "Tried" to get his ship up, out of the water...."and this is why you fail. Try not! Do or do not!"

TTR
Nosce te Ipsum

thomas

Postby thomas » 16 Dec 2011 01:02

Good point TTR about saying "hopefully", these phrases slip out now and then. Thanks for the reminder. I do agree with what you are saying. Thanks for the reply as well. I do have a question - How do you intend something and remove all doubt? (or is that needed?) Thanks -

Thomas

TaoTeRazz

Postby TaoTeRazz » 16 Dec 2011 16:53

Hey Thomas,

In my experience, no, it’s not necessary to remove all doubt in order to Intend an Idea to be Realized however, outside of direct hypnosis to remove doubt, it is a progressive process of successful realizations to, “see beyond the shadow of doubt.” The imprint or “shadow of doubt” gets expressed in language with words like, “want (to)”, “hope (to)”, “need (to) “try (to) and if one isn’t careful, “will (do), “would be.”
To look beyond the shadow of doubt you first need an emotion to counter it with. First, write down or mentally take note of the implications and how you would Feel if you did not, say, achieve “at-will” proficiency to dream lucidly. After that, do the opposite; write down or mentally take note (the writing down method seems to be more helpful especially for reference and don’t go for paragraphs, go for bullet point sentences.) of how you Will feel after you’ve Realized your Intention. Study each of these lists for about 10 min each. Use your imagination with both lists. Afterwards just simply ask yourself, which feels better? And with that feeling always within your Attention, it will be much easier for you to speak of or refer to your Intention from a position of Anticipation.
There’s no doubt because it feels so much better and is way cooler to be “at-will” than to be Trying to be at-will.

There is a much deeper or cosmological understanding behind all that and without getting too deep into it, the fundamental principle is that, you are not a weak or frail biological, human organism who’s experience is predicated upon luck, chance or a predetermined destiny set forth by some omnipotent being. No. What you are is a self-determined ‘Spiritual’ being, being human and as such, have the inherent power and authority to make and create your life experience exactly as you would choose it to be. When you were to consider the possibility of this to be actual (prior to the Realization of it) it should certainly help to see beyond the shadow of doubt.

TTR
Nosce te Ipsum

thomas

Postby thomas » 17 Dec 2011 00:12

Thanks TTR! Good food for thought. AND (drum roll please) I had a lucid dream last night!! Didn't last too long but longer than the first two. I'm making progress! I slipped into a lucid dream after my second awakening for the night - got up, had a sip of water, bathroom break of course, then back to bed. Almost instantly went into hypo images and then from there to the dream. The transition IS getting easier - more fluid (if that's the word). I'm a real light sleeper so I wake up 3-4 times/night - useful when learning to lucid dream.

Also, I did start using one of your mantras for lucid dreaming - just wanted you to know that.

Thanks again for the post -

Thomas

TaoTeRazz

Postby TaoTeRazz » 17 Dec 2011 01:23

NICE!
Nosce te Ipsum

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 18 Dec 2011 02:32

OH! I just posted a question about color in dreams.

As for me, I couldn't explain what you're experiencing, but it sounds awesome. I used to have lucid dreams MOST of the time, and then later on feel on a long dry spell where I rarely became lucid and then a few weeks back I was so thrilled to be having really long lucid dreams every night for about a week and a half, and no....uhhhnnng....all dried up again. Not from lack of trying. I wish I knew what could account for the long periods of non lucid dreams. I'd avoid it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”