What am I doing wrong with this WILD???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob46719

What am I doing wrong with this WILD???

Postby Jacob46719 » 22 Jul 2013 14:30

I set my alarm 4.5 hours after I go to sleep. When it beeps, I wake up and shut it off. After that, I attempt a WILD. Hypnogogia would be a great experience IF ONLY IT WOULD SHOW UP! I just lied there in my bed perfectly still for 30+ minutes and nothing ever happened. I wasn't feeling detached from my body. If I go to sleep normally, I dream right away, but then I try a WILD, and I end up awake for the rest of the entire night. It's like WILDs are locked. However, I can still remember that day last year when I first found this site. That same night, I nearly had a perfect WILD with hypnogogia and objects rendering. The only problem was I woke up when the buzzing happened. I want to repeat that near-perfect attempt. Is it possible that I am simply holding on to too much consciousness? I don't know to hold on to any less; it's either a lot or none at all.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Ithrilian

Re: What am I doing wrong with this WILD???

Postby Ithrilian » 22 Jul 2013 20:43

I'm not expirenced dreamer, yet, but I tried WILD and what I did was wake up after 4 or 4.5 hours, open this Forum and read stories and also Google a lot about LD for about 20 minutes, until I get really tired. Then closed my eyes and tried to visualize something (which succeded last night using self hypnosis), but I got no where, it was all black. Suddenly my whole body started vibrating and lifting off, I got excited and everything stopped. That's my WILD experience, but I got far into visualization last night, was really tired and used self hypnosis, it was extremely vivid and amazing (controllable also).
Gonna try again today, but I found out that if you're really tired, not thinking about anything else (such as problems, sex, excitement, etc...) it is much easier to relax and visualize and get into LD. Try it!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Nenad Mikovic

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 22 Jul 2013 21:04

Actually, I did try that, and it still didn't work; I ended up awake for the rest of the night.

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 23 Jul 2013 00:02

I think that you might be focusing on letting your body fall asleep staying aware throughout this process. If that is the case, i think you should instead focus only on staying aware, forget about your body and everything else as that will all take care of itself. Actually, I think focus is the wrong word here as it would mean concentrating a lot on something when instead you want your mind to be able to drift off into a dream state. Here's what I want you to do, while you're attempting your WILD, forget about everything, don't even think about the fact that you're trying to fall asleep or doing a WILD, all I want you to do is repeat in your head "I am aware" or "I will stay aware" or anything along those lines (I prefer "I am aware", but everybody's different). Repeat this as fast or as slow as you want, I honestly don't care, go crazy if you want and visualize the letters appearing in front of you or even imagine hearing somebody say it in your ear. If you still end up being awake, start imagining a dream yourself. Since you have already got into a dreamy/relaxed state you will be able to slip into a dream much easier. When you imagine this dream, try to use as much of your senses as possible. This could be looking at somebody and hearing them talk (does it sound or look like somebody you know), rub your hands over their body, really feel their clothes (are they wearing a soft jumper or a rough pair of jeans) and their skin (is it smooth or is it bumpy or hairy) and how they smell (have they used deodorant), keep adding in more detail, but do it slowly. Begin to notice where you are (are you at the beach or in your house) and try and have a look around. Don't force yourself into the dream, when there is enough detail, your mind will fill in the blanks and pull you in itself.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope I help and this isn't something you will achieve on your fist try, it takes time to really manage to let of yourself and your senses to the point where you can just appear in a different world.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 23 Jul 2013 06:44

Thanks for the info, but right now the main problem is

Jacob46719 wrote:Hypnogogia would be a great experience IF ONLY IT WOULD SHOW UP!

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 28 Jul 2013 21:27

bamp

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 29 Jul 2013 13:55

I have been trying and trying over and over and over again and every time nothing ever happens! I lie still for 30+ minutes after 4.5 hours of sleep and I have failed every single time to the point of tears for the LAST 10 MONTHS! *sobs*

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 Jul 2013 04:52

I had the same problems with WILD when I tried it. I eventually just moved on to something else.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 30 Jul 2013 08:42

I'm not going to give up on WILD even after months of countless attempts and rages.

I must have that experience.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 Jul 2013 17:14

Jacob46719 wrote:I'm not going to give up on WILD even after months of countless attempts and rages.

I must have that experience.

That's good. Stick to what you prefer ;)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “For Beginners”