Question about reality checks

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
amy

Question about reality checks

Postby amy » 23 Jul 2013 20:02

Hey!

I'm curious, would a reality check work better if you do it at a certain time? Like if you did one every time you walked through a doorway. Because I just do it when I remember to, and I'm just wondering if there's more of a chance of a reality check making it in to your dreams if you have a certain time.

Thanks!!
~Amy

[ Post made via Android ] Image

amy

Re: Question about reality checks

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 00:32

Please? I'd like any help I can get, even an opinion.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 24 Jul 2013 02:48

Yeah, do it at a certain time/place or when something that frequently occurs in your dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 06:36

That's actually a good idea. Instead of doing it whenever you feel like it, do it whenever an event happens. Choose one that tends to happen in your dreams too. Doorways are common, I sometimes get car dreams, and I often get dreams with family members in them. But I guess some things are too common and you can't do a reality check every time you see your mother! She'll think you went mad!

Choose one that reflects your own dream signs and reoccurring dreams.

It's a good idea to do them after an event instead of just whenever you feel like it. (In my opinion of course, I actually don't practice reality checking, but it makes sense). And I know it works from other people's accounts so it is worth doing!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 15:30

Thanks you guys!:)

Hmm... I am reading back on my old dreams and I don't seem to have a common event... well, besides family members. But like you said, that would be weird.

Feylix

Postby Feylix » 24 Jul 2013 15:48

Been thinking of the same thing myself, seem like a good idea, if I can only get myself to remember to do RC when the situation appears.

I'm good at RC's in the car, as I got plenty of time to think while driving.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 16:02

Feylix wrote: If I can only get myself to remember to do RC when the situation appears.

That is exactly my problem! I don't think I'll be able to do a reality check every time I walk through a doorway. I'll try mjhy best to remember though.

Return to “For Beginners”