Hello! :D

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Feylix

Hello! :D

Postby Feylix » 24 Jul 2013 01:07

Hey everybody :)

I'm Robin, an 23-year old Norwegian guy.

I've had one experience with lucid dreaming, which must have been.. 10 years ago or such.

I was fighting a troll (Norwegian, remember?), when I realized it didn't seem real, so I punched him in the face, and flew off. Then I awoke.

Found out about 15 days ago it was called Lucid Dreaming and that I could learn how to get them again. Naturally, I was so excited that my WILD-attempts the next week was bound to be unsuccessful.

Still working on having my "first" new lucid dreaming, doing WILD and MILD.

Closest so far must have been numbness as I've been trying to fall asleep.

My dream recall has shoot through the roof though, from 0.1 a month to 1-2 per night as average. Thanks to the journal I keep by my bed :)

Glad I found this forum, I need to get my hope of an lucid dream up again, plus looking forward to hear about personal experiences.

Yell out if anyone has anything on their mind :)

luciddreamer49

Re: Hello! :D

Postby luciddreamer49 » 24 Jul 2013 01:12

Welcome! We're happy to have you. Keep us updated on your experiences! :-) also, one question, my dream recall is bad and I keep a DJ but you say your recall got good quick. Is dream jouraling the only ting you're doing for dream recal? That's amazing!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Feylix

Postby Feylix » 24 Jul 2013 01:24

Not sure what did the trick for me.

I had excellent dream recall when I was younger, I even kept a dream journal then, just because of my own personal enjoyment.

Sadly, bad things happened around me and I became depressed. I think that's what made me forget all my dreams. Too much worrying in real life. My depression has also really damaged my waking memories aswell, both short- and long-term.

First night after finding out about LD, and I can recall 2 dreams the same night.

Could be that I was so excited, I spent ~6-8 hours on the web that day reading about it. And from what I can tell from the web, really pointing out to the brain that dream recall is important is the main trick to remembering them.

I guess it's like.. If you say to yourself enough you will wake up at 6 am, you will wake up somewhere between 5.45 - 6.15 am. I have no idea how, it's actually quite freaky :o

Could also be that I find dreaming really really exciting in general, I've just forgotten about it till now.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 01:42

Hey Feylix!

I am actually new here too, I just joined today. I'm sorry to hear about the bad things, but happy to hear that you got back in to dreaming!
I've actually been doing the same thing, reading for hours and hours. Its so interesting!

And luciddreamer49, its all about dream journaling and intention. Now, I just started learning to lucid dream, but I've been reading about normal dreams for quite some time. I usually only have one dream per night, but at least its something! I read back on your old posts and I see that you've only have like, one dream a month you said. Really, its about journaling and major intention I'm my opinion. Hope this helped!:)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 05:33

About dream recall and this is to Amy too because we were talking about it, but I forgot about this.... I will almost always wake up in the middle of the night to record my dreams. (between 3-5 a.m. for me, but whenever you do it is up to your own sleep schedual). Then go back to sleep and enjoy REM sleep. Without waking up those early dreams will be forgotten, and 'erased over' and if you have read about the Wake Back to Bed Method it works wonders! I recommend it. Even if you don't lucid dream, your dreams will be so memorable!

Not only that, but you go to sleep with a more awake mind with a full memory of your dreams and go back to dreaming more easily than when you first started in the night, and since you are more alert-minded you tend to become lucid in the dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 15:25

HAGART wrote: I will almost always wake up in the middle of the night to record my dreams. (between 3-5 a.m. for me, but whenever you do it is up to your own sleep schedual).

Yes! I do the same, usualy 5-7 AM is when I wake up.

HAGART wrote:if you have read about the Wake Back to Bed Method it works wonders! I recommend it. Even if you don't lucid dream, your dreams will be so memorable!

I just went to read about it and it is pretty much exactly what it seems! Hahaha!

Thank you for suggesting WBTB, I've been trying to find a good method to try, but I wasn't sure which one. I think I'll try this tonight.

~Amy

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 24 Jul 2013 15:36

HAGART wrote: Wake Back to Bed method it works wonders!

I can't to that method!I share a room with my brother.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 15:38

luciddreamer49 wrote:I can't to that method!I share a room with my brother.

I see you are using Android. Try using ear phones and setting an alarm of your smart phone.:)

Feylix

Postby Feylix » 24 Jul 2013 15:46

I've been trying WBTB aswell, but I can't seem to find my ideal way.

If I get up, I awaken too much, if I don't, I only manage to stay awake for a few minutes at best.

There are so many ways that can improve the chance of lucid dreaming, I'm still not sure what to do in every situation.

I use WILD when I go to bed (had a decent attempt yesterday, but as I'm in a relationship, bed shook and I suddenly had company on my side of the bed, so it didn't work after all. I still feel my pulse reaching 150 or so a minute once I get that special feeling).

Since I started the dream journal, I awake 1-3 times in the morning, quite fast after having a dream. I usually write them down and try WILD again, but I fall asleep. If I get up, odds are I'm going to have a bad time trying to fall asleep again.

I keep an alarm 4-5 hours after I'm trying to sleep (2-3 hours after if I'm having a decent attempt on WILD). I know it should be 6 hours or so, but I get too awake. Which has changed since pre-knowing of Lucid dreaming, as I've usually been able to sleep anytime, anywhere, as long as I want (really, 20 hours a day, or when it's so much noise no one should be able to sleep, no problem :| )

In the morning though, I don't know what would give me the best results, using WILD, MILD, the finger-exercise, or if I should write down the dreams then or not. Can't help but thinking doing a WILD without moving should work nice, but I have dreams to record aswell..

Silly me I guess for reading up a ton of ways to get lucid dreaming, I don't have enough time to test it all.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”