Hey!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
amy

Hey!

Postby amy » 23 Jul 2013 19:04

Hey guys!

I am Amy, as you can see. I am 15 years old and kind of new to this.

See, I've been interested in dreams and lucid dreams for so long. As long as I can remember. But I just started practicing last week, I'd say about Wednesday or Thursday. I haven't had any lucid dreams yet. I can't wait til I do!!:)

I've been reading about Lucid Dreaming a ton in this past week and finally decided to sign up! I've been keeping a dream journal and doing at least ten reality checks per day. These forums don't seem very active, in fact, they seem to be at a complete stand still right now.

But I am so happy to be here!
~Amy

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: Hey!

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 00:39

amy wrote:These forums don't seem very active, in fact, they seem to be at a complete stand still right now.

OK, let's change that!
Hello!

Your interested in dreams... that is 50%. Some people in this world don't even get that far!
I don't consider myself an expert and never read any books on how to do it, but in my experience, if you remember your dreams every night, (and write them down to help remember), eventually you start to remember while the dream is actually happening. You feel like, wait a minute.... haven't I done something similar to this before?..... And it hits you.

Anyway, I heard stories of people getting their first after 1 day of trying, some a week, others.... several months. (maybe even longer). Don't compare yourself to others and simply enjoy your own dreams and recall them and they should become better with each passing day and lucid dreaming will eventually come.

GOOD LUCK!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 00:48

Thank you so much, HAGART, for welcoming me!:) I am so excited to be joining the lucid dreaming community!!

I've always found a love in remembering my dreams. My dream recall isn't that great, but its fine. I've been remembering one dream each night, but sometimes only really small parts of it. Every time I wake up I stay completely still, I don't know if this actually works but for some reason it helps me remember. And when I do remember a dream, especially a vivid one, it makes my day!

I'm still trying to work on other things like reality checking, and I've been reading about different techniques but I haven't tried any yet. I just figure, its no rush! I find all of this very fun. It gives me something to do and to look forward to.

So you have had lucid dreams before? If that's the case, you're an expert to me!;)

~Amy

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 04:24

amy wrote:Every time I wake up I stay completely still, I don't know if this actually works but for some reason it helps me remember.

Your instincts are good. I do the same and it helps a lot. I try to remain still and in the same position and replay the dream starting from the last thing I remember and going back as far as I can and then replay it as best I can from start to finish. Only then do I actually write it on paper.

You got to imprint the memory first from your dream memory side of the brain to the waking memory side first before it is lost and forgotten.

amy

Postby amy » 24 Jul 2013 04:39

That is so cool! I didn't even know that other people do that too, I thought I was just weird.;)

Do you think if I switch position of where I sleep it will help me remember more dreams? Because maybe I'd wake up more since its different, which would let me have more chances to remember.

~Amy

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 05:20

I heard this before and I tried it and it seems to work.
If you roll over and have a hard time remembering, try going back the the very same sleep position again, and it tends to work.

But even I wake up sometimes and don't remember them well and it will always happen to all of us. It's frustrating when you know its there on the tip of your tongue, (or tip of mind rather), but just can't remember. Then sometimes you will start your day and it will just hit you out of the blue. But don't feel bad if you don't sometimes because even I get that.

Boneflower-girl

Postby Boneflower-girl » 24 Jul 2013 16:26

Hi and welcome, Amy. Good luck with your dream adventures! :]
And all the characters that you will see or seen
are merely part of the dreamer... And therefore the dream.

kookiegirl333

Postby kookiegirl333 » 25 Jul 2013 01:44

Heya!! I can't really welcome you, as I'm as new as you are!

Like you, I'm also hoping to experience lucid dreaming.
I'm actually researching lucid dreaming for a class at school, where my aim is to be able to lucid dream.
Perhaps I could ask some awesome forum people to help me with a survey at some point? I don't know.

I hope I'll get there eventually.

LD's to date: 1
LD's this year: 0
[/color]

Return to “Introduce Yourself”