Questions on WILDS

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dylan

Questions on WILDS

Postby Dylan » 21 Nov 2011 13:49

For starters i've never had a lucid dream before but i tried doin a WILD and ended up with some crazy results, i mean stuff ive never felf before! i didnt end up lucid but i feel like i was right on the brink, my whole body had a weird sensation which i'm guessing was the paralysis, just a tingly i guess feeling that spread over me and i felt as if i could twitch or start shaking. i had this vision of being inside my car cuz it was the most vivid that came to me, i had the feeling of entering that vision but i could'nt make it all the way, i could'nt get past that sensation. I mean it was all more dramatic then i expected haha i wanted to ask if that sounds like sleep paralysis? or if i'm just a crazy person, But i'd like to hear about other peoples WILDS and what it's like for them oh and my eyes felt like they were trying to roll into the back of my head, they were moving around quite much under my eyelids, is that what's suppose to happen? i'm guessing it is cuz it happened but i just want someone to back me up on it haha what does it feel like for you to transition into your dream? pretty crazy?

Snaggle

Re: Questions on WILDS

Postby Snaggle » 23 Nov 2011 00:45

Dylan wrote:... my whole body had a weird sensation which i'm guessing was the paralysis, just a tingly i guess feeling that spread over me and i felt as if i could twitch or start shaking. i had this vision of being inside my car cuz it was the most vivid that came to me, i had the feeling of entering that vision but i could'nt make it all the way, i could'nt get past that sensation. I mean it was all more dramatic then i expected haha i wanted to ask if that sounds like sleep paralysis? or if i'm just a crazy person, But i'd like to hear about other peoples WILDS and what it's like for them oh and my eyes felt like they were trying to roll into the back of my head, they were moving around quite much under my eyelids, is that what's suppose to happen? i'm guessing it is cuz it happened but i just want someone to back me up on it haha what does it feel like for you to transition into your dream? pretty crazy?

This does sound like the classic sleep paralysis experience. Though not much like a WILD. In a classic/ normal WILD one experiences atonia only as a snap of your fingers long dream image and then is in deep or rem sleep. I've been in atonia with a brain wide awake. What happens is that electrical pulses flow from ones brain stem through out ones body and they don't do it as a giant pulse, but as something like a an upside down tree with numerous branches growing out of the initial pulse. I was not paralyzed and could move at well, but moving anything below the neck wakes up the body. In contrast to what is claimed atonia is not done to keep ones body from moving in sleep; it's the body entering sleep. Rem sleep is entertainment for the brain so that it does not interrupt the body during it's sleep.
Last edited by Snaggle on 27 Nov 2011 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Nov 2011 02:13

Snaggle, one you might be able to answer. Do we need to be in REM sleep to have a LD?. I can get into a WILD at times quite easy and like most at times it eludes me but if I WILD on going to bed at night and without rest I would doubt that I am in a REM phase as it will be around 20 minutes until I get into the dream. I also had a nice WILD the other morning around 7am after a good nights sleep and some vivid dreams so would not expect this to be due to REM either. Interested to know your thougths

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 27 Nov 2011 11:47

Peter no one does not need to be in rem sleep to have a lucid dream. Any dream state that one is conscious of being a dream is a lucid dream and any that one has had with unbroken consciousness is a Wild, though one really needs to cross over into rem sleep for the best dreams.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Nov 2011 19:22

Thanks, thats about what I though it was. I seem to dream at all stages of sleep but the intensity varies a lot. I have a lot of very vivid dreams, just abstract random stuff and let them run as they are sometimes great fun.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Dec 2011 20:23

I had my first WILD this morning and I had looked at the clock before and after. There was only 30 minutes elapsed so you must not need to be in REM to be lucid. My WILD was like an interactive movie with an on/off switch. Something hit the switch and the screen went black. Short but sweet.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Dec 2011 20:29

If you had a WILD i expect you would have been in a REM state. One goes with the other, time etc is not relevant. I have them on going to bed at night, that is REM in the first few minutes if I want. Touching on REM and going WILD are not always easy and dont always happen but REM comes first.

Return to “For Beginners”