2 tasks to try in our dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

2 tasks to try in our dreams

Postby Highlander » 26 Jul 2013 14:25

I've been thinking of some tasks to do in lucid dreams and i come up with these two and i would like to know if you done this.
1-Ask a DC what he represents
I'm reading Robert Waggoner's book "Lucid Dreaming - Gateway to the Inner Self" and one of the things he does in his lucid dreams is to ask a DC what is he representing. He had interesting responses. Does anyone did that? If so, what did the DC say?
2-Split the ocean like Moses on the Red Sea
The scene on The Ten Commandments movie where Moses raises the waters of the Red Sea is one of the most astoundings to see. I have to try this. Did anyone do this too?
Last edited by Highlander on 26 Jul 2013 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

LucidLink

Re: 2 tasks to try in our dreams

Postby LucidLink » 26 Jul 2013 16:43

I actually try to ask dream entities that all the time! In my first induced lucid dream ever, I actually asked the first person I saw that question. He was an old man, and when I asked "what do you reperesent?", he replied "She told me to be the tits for you!"

The response was so odd and bizare I woke up from the lucid dream. To this day I'm not sure what he was talking about! I have since had better conversations though.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 27 Jul 2013 10:19

nice ideas, i'm gonna add the to the list! :D

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396

haven't split the sea yet, but asking for the representation of the dc's is a great thing to do! sometimes they seems to talk nonsense, other times the message is clear and/or very deep :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 27 Jul 2013 12:34

tea wrote:nice ideas, i'm gonna add the to the list! :D

Wow. I didn't notice that list. I just read it. Excelent. So many ideas to try. Cool!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 28 Jul 2013 13:44

Today I had two lucid dreams. In each one i asked a DC what he is representing.
In the first dream, a friend says to me he represents someone who wants me to kill my maid. And I do not have a maid in real life, but I knew I had one in the dream. And the order to kill her was very strange. But I woke up soon after.
In the second dream, when I asked a woman who was my girlfriend in the dream, she became another woman, much older and completely different. She said she was there to tell me she was worried about my diet. Here i didn't find it strange. I am aware that i do not have a bad diet, but it is far from being perfectly healthy. I have to improve a lot of things on the food subject.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 28 Jul 2013 21:07

I have had experiences that have blown a hole in the theory that the other people in our dreams (DC's) represent aspects of ourselves. It may be true for some people, and/or in some cases, but it is not for me. We are all unique individuals so it's only natural that we all have our own subjective experiences, and as a result belief systems/truths. So even truth can be a subjective thing... what holds true to you may not to me.

I've been told things by people in my dreams that I previously had no concept of whatsoever, so it most definitely did not come from my own psyche. I've had them show/teach me things I was oblivious to. But even more is just instinctively knowing that it's not the case (that they represent aspects of me). I know that they have their own will and sentience, separate from me. I can't explain how I know it, but I just do. Ever notice how that happens in your dreams/OBE's too? The "just know" thing. Like telepathy in a way. I believe that is why it can "seem" like these other DC's are parts of your own psyche, because you're aware of what they're about to say before they do, or hear it in your head before they say it.

I have just experienced too much personally to believe that take that I see everywhere I look about other people in your dreams.

I've also had people in my lucid dreams tell me that I was in their dream, and not the other way around. One time the person tried to hold me captive, with help from others, and ask me questions. I asked him if he really expected to be able to contain me. He said the fact that I'm thinking that he can't answers that, and said: "darn, oh well... I was hoping for more." Then I flew away as they shot at me. One of them got so close I felt it graze me, and it burned. And I didn't wake up when it happened either. So that was a very curious dream experience.

Another time I was in a war zone and seeing the violence and hatred really got to me. So I showed no remorse and summoned a Phoenix, telling it to kill all the "bad people" and leave only the good behind. When I did this one DC came running up to me telling me to make the thing go away, pleading/begging. I asked why, and he said: "because this is MY dream!" After thinking about it this person had been following me around, laying low, keeping his distance, glancing at me once in awhile. At a cafe earlier in the dream cycle. I got to thinking maybe he created this dream and the war scenario, and would be one of these "bad people" targeted by the birdie I summoned.

So I've had many dreams that illustrated to me that not only are the other people in my dreams not aspects of myself, and have their own wills & sentience, but even agendas. And maybe, just maybe even they are not "my" dreams at all in some cases. I talk to the other people in my dreams often. Sometimes they even respond in a different language I can't understand. Even stranger though is, sometimes I DO understand. And there is no aspect of me that understands that language here & now. So there is just a mounting pile of evidence that goes against this theory for me personally. Doesn't mean it can't be true for the next person. We're all different.

When a person you know in this so-called "real world" turns up in your dream that's a different story. They are projections made up of your idea of them. These would be the generally accepted idea of a DC, with no sentience of their own, and totally a creation of your psyche.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Jul 2013 01:29

1- I asked a DC once. She was a girl who just showed up and actually called me by name before I ever even starting talking to her. One of the things I asked was what do you represent. She said, 'The cutting edge of fashion'. I'm a very unfashionable male and didn't even notice what she was wearing, and still don't know what she was talking about. Maybe she represented the complete opposite of me.

2- I tried that too. I wanted to impress the other people in the dream with my super powers so I tried to part water like Moses. The catch.... it was just a little pond in the front yard of a house. It almost worked though, but it didn't go right down to the ground. So then I turned it into a whirl pool. The other day, I walked on water like Jesus (in a dream of course :lol: ) But even that was more like floating across just above the surface without moving my legs. I almost got across the giant swimming pool and starting to sink so I had to mentally raise myself up again. Those Biblical tricks are fun and I tend to do them when I want to impress the other dream characters with my 'magic'. Maybe next time I'll turn water into wine for the other dream characters to party!

Or better yet, walk across water, turn it into wine and then part it and have a party in the dry middle and allow the DCs to drink from the walls! :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Jul 2013 01:47

ESPer wrote: I know that they have their own will and sentience, separate from me. I can't explain how I know it, but I just do. Ever notice how that happens in your dreams/OBE's too? The "just know" thing. Like telepathy in a way.

I know what you mean. Some of my dream characters don't seem sentient and others do. And I just know it before I even ask them if they know it is a dream or not. They always stand out in a crowd and tend to be the ones looking right at me, while the other people meander aimlessly. Before I ask if they know it is a dream or not, I just know.

I've been trying to meet people in dreams to talk to lately. This morning I had a short one and was in a house and calling out if anybody was there. I saw a kid on some steps and I forget who greeted who first, but we both said, "Hi!" Then it ended... darn. But my next dream I met a woman who just didn't know it was a dream and made no sense. I had a conversation with her, but she didn't know anything and spoke nonsense. The more sentient ones speak on their own and tell you all sorts of things without you needing to ask.

I wrote in my dream journal that even though I didn't speak to that kid, I JUST KNEW, he was a talker and more sentient dream person. You can feel it before you speak.

The question is, what comes first the cart before the horses or the horses before the cart? Perhaps it is us FEELING that they are sentient that gives them sentience... or is it the other way around and they truly are beings of some sort. (I actually don't know and for me that is my next lucid dream goal. If anyone can tell me, they can!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 29 Jul 2013 09:33

HAGART wrote:Or better yet, walk across water, turn it into wine and then part it and have a party in the dry middle and allow the DCs to drink from the walls! :mrgreen:

Yeah!!! That's a very cool idea. ;)

lsddream

Postby lsddream » 30 Jul 2013 22:04

lol that sounds fun to do in a lucid

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”