First WILD ends in black screen

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidinthe sky

First WILD ends in black screen

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Dec 2011 19:27

I had my first WILD last night, second lucid dream this week. I was speaking with someone in the dream about lucid dreams and they said, "Oh I have something for you." and brought a book to give me. At that moment I realized I was dreaming and of course got too excited (I'm a newb). I made the mistake of telling this person. Hopefully this will be the last time I tell any dream characters that I am dreaming! It's O.K. to tell people here you had a lucid dream, but don't tell this to dream characters. My first LD ended beacuse of this too. So as soon as I tell this person, I get a black screen like someone hit a switch and turned off the lights. What the heck? I've never seen a dream end with a black screen like that. I wake up right after. What was that? Crazy! Anyone had this happen?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

torakrubik

Re: First WILD ends in black screen

Postby torakrubik » 13 Dec 2011 22:05

If you tell a dream character that, it is likely you have an automatic fear of waking up produced at exactly that moment. And the subconscious has a habit of acting in the opposite way to what you wish.
Dreaming is my drug

Ty6623

Postby Ty6623 » 13 Dec 2011 23:26

right so if u want to get better at at flying and all that it will do the opposite thing most of the time. when i first started flying i would jump really high but not fly i would float slowly down. it did what i didn't want to do but when i wanted to really stay on the ground i would float not down but up into the sky. try thinking opposite of the opposite, of the opposite's opposite so that you do what you want the next time you go lucid in a dream. (sorry hope that wasn't confusing).

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Dec 2011 03:30

Thanks for the advice!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”