my world of lucid dreaming

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
maiele

my world of lucid dreaming

Postby maiele » 16 Jul 2013 06:45

i ran across this website just browsing. I'm not real computer savy, but I like looking at the internet. I am so excited to find this site I can hardly contain myself. I started lucid dreaming when I was a teen ager. I am 75 years old. I never knew there was a name for it. I never knew anyone else who did it. I had narcolepsy, hypnogogic dreams, and cataplexy. I was taken several doctors and not diagnosed till I was 27.Sorry this sounds so convaluted but my world was in a constant state of half asleep.My refuge was an afternoon nap(no hypngogic episodes except in the dark). where i could get into my dream world. i never told anyone I was able to dream what I wanted. I had a special world that I created and sometimes it was more real than my real life. Fortunately i eventually found out i had several sleep disorders, was given medicine so I could function better. i went to a neurologist at uc davis hospital and mentioned my dreaming. He was very interested, in fact he was more interested than in my neurological problems. He had heard about people who could control their dreams but never met anyone who could. I started to think maybe he thought i had mental problems so I was afraid to go back .I knew I liked my dream world better than my real world and it was harder to leave it. I decided I had to quite the dreaming so i stopped doing it. i never knew it was something other people did. i am so happy to know I wasn't crazy. Maybe I'll start doing it again.maiele

LucidLink

Re: my world of lucid dreaming

Postby LucidLink » 16 Jul 2013 18:24

What an amazing story!! Yes, I am in the same boat as you my friend, I learned to naturally lucid dream as a child without any idea of the term "lucid dreaming". I just assumed everyone dreamt like me! (Just shows how easily we humans make incorrect assumptions about reality). Because I thought my dreams where nothing special, eventually I grew out of dreaming and stopped remembering my dreams all together.

Intill I found this website! It taught me what lucid dreaming was, and made me realize I was ignoring a natural and amazing gift I had!

So I began steps to remember my dreams and lucid dream, and sure enough in just one week I had my "first" lucid dream!! (It wasn't really my first, but it was my first lucid dream with knowledge of lucid dreaming and it's potential) and ever since then I've been reuniting with my beautiful dream world I created as a child! It's great!

It is also great to see your story, and ill think you find lucid dreaming comes quite easy to you now that you are trying to dream again ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 17 Jul 2013 22:46

What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 18 Jul 2013 05:11

Wow. Keep Lucid Dreaming! It's awesome! So lucky to be a natural at it. That was quite the story too. Thanks for sharing. :D

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 19 Jul 2013 00:40

Thats a really neat story! Welcome to the forums. I would love to hear any advice you have/your favorite lucid dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

CNGB

Postby CNGB » 26 Jul 2013 01:00

What an amazing story! I hope that you go back to your world really soon if you haven't already. Congratulations on finding the lucid dreaming community. :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jul 2013 21:44

Similar story but no health issues just an active mind from a young child and a lot of years of working it out by myself. This and some other sites I post on are refreshing as I am now able to share and interact with other dreamers.

Welcome and stay in touch and post us a history of the nature of your dreams. I am sure they will have progressed over the years as you have aged and had lifes experiences to draw on

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”